Tribunal/MRO 2023 & 2024 - Choose your own adventure continues

What’s wrong with trying to hurt an opposition player fairly? It’s always been part of the game and adds to the spectical and atmosphere of the contest imo.

6 Likes

Now this is very hard to see, but you can clearly see the head of the GWS player at the point of contact. He did not deliberately hit him in the head.

1 Like

You’ve got better eyes than me.

1 Like

That is easily the worst picture I’ve seen of the incident so far.

1 Like

The GWS player buckled under the hit. He did not hit the head first.

1 Like

I think the Mcadam bump was pretty good. if he hit him in the head he should get a week

The Pickett one was absolutely brutal and the exact thing they are trying to get out of the game. Jumped in the air and used his shoulders to hit him high

Franklin is just a dog, his was worse than macadams one.

4 Likes

He should only be graded on the part that hit him in the head, not the bump itself. So it’s careless coz there was a smidgen of head contact, high contact, low impact. You shouldn’t include the fair part of the bump in the force, only the minor part that made head contact. We know head contact was minor, the player came back on.

Mcadams shoulder makes clear contact to the head.

1 Like

Go up 3 posts

To see your worse resolution pictures of the same thing?

The pictures are very clear. McAdam stayed low, made contact with a fair hard bump, and then the GWS player buckles under the hit and his head hits McAdam.

I’m not disputing that there was head high contact, I’m disputing the fact that the intent was to hit the head. It very clearly wasn’t, because he actually stayed down.

Either the charges should be thrown out or the bump itself should be abolished.

1 Like

Thats why its been graded careless. 4 weeks.

The problem is that unless you stand toe-to-toe and slug your opponent they basically never call actions “deliberate”.

The system accommodates different intents, but the MRO ignores that.

The “hip and shoulder” is a term we’re all familiar with…and is generally harmless.

Running front-on through someone’s chest has registered many suspensions under “charging”.

Here’s a tip for any footballers who haven’t caught up with the zeitgeist:

• If neither player has the ball, you can bump on the way to get it.
  • If one player has the ball, you can only tackle.

Defending McAdam’s “right to hurt an opponent” isn’t worth the $20m a pop that it is going to cost the AFL.

1 Like

The bump was deliberate, the hit to the head was careless. I think thats a fair way to look at it. Its different to a situation like Rowells “bump” where he had no intent to bump, was just going for the ball, but also hit the opponent high. In that situation I dont think players should be banned or even give away a free.

1 Like

has mcadams been given the death penalty yet?

1 Like

They forgot to format that quote above in Sarcastica.

1 Like

Weird set of suspensions.

2 Likes