Troy Pannell & Leigh Fisher

Parnell has been as blatant as you can get (without using words) about his hatred of Essendon.

I recon the last 5 years, after every game he’s umpires us, I’ve sent a tweet to Patrick Keane telling him to stop sending Parnell to our games because his bias is simply unprofessional.

Edit: the contrast between Fisher and Parnell is vast. Fisher is simply incompetent, and shouldn’t be umpiring at this level.
Parnell is simply a cheat, who tries to influence the game against us.

8 Likes

Gleeson play on.
Even the North supporter next to me says"That’s not play on"
For FSake

And Fat Eddie on Fox “Bombers supporters are getting into the game Now” after Wallas head is ripped off.
Free kick count 14 to 6 at half time
No comment from TV, no context.
Yes umpires have a ■■■■■■ hard job, but performances like this need to be called out or the better umpires suffer.

3 Likes

It’s no coincidence the umpires pulled their heads in after half time.

They have umpiring coaches address them at half time about their performance and decision making. They would have copped a spray after that first half.

We need a whistleblower.

9 Likes

I have never, ever hated a umpire as much as pannell. God help me if I ever saw him in public

8 Likes

Umpires do not have a hard job. It’s an easy job made more difficult by stupid interpretations

3 Likes

Pannell is still spewing that Goodsey retired.

GOODSEY!!

Thankfully i got that chance on the school bus in the 90’s. I’m still enjoying every minute of it. He’s been an out and out cheat against our club for as long as he has umpires. Was all up Brad Johnsons ■■■■ at school, a dogs supporter.

4 Likes

the answer appears obvious

Great teams overcome ■■■■ umpiring week in, week out, let alone the opposition.

We’re not great yet.

2 Likes

GOODSEY.

1 Like

It’s almost like there is a policy to even up games through umpiring decisions. Was the same for crows and cats last night.

Some terrible decisions made in both games. Even POXTEL commentators were speechless.

That’s saying something…

1 Like

Yep like I said earlier

The umpiring full stop is disgraceful and the very reason it is the most even comp in history. The AFL wants more people through the gates, one sided games doesn’t achieve this. Its not only us its happening to us. Adelaide got a rough run last night too, trying to keep Geelong in the game.

Sometimes I tell myself I am been stupid. But I am becoming more and more convinced now. That game against vs GWS was probably the worst of the lot.

3 Likes

As someone said before Pannell is a flat out cheat and Fisher is either completely incompetent or also, a flat out cheat.

Game was always going to be like this when they were named, its the AFLs way of manufacturing an outcome they desire.

3 Likes

There is some BS in this thread.

If it was about “evening up” the games, why would they have sunk the boots into us so heavily last year? We had half the team stripped away, we had top ups not good enough to play for other clubs, we had the lowest morale of any club this millennium, we had a coach in his first year with us, we had immense and unprecedented media and public castigation, we had all sorts of other things against us…

AND STILL…

those farking maggots still stitched us up as much as it was humanly possible.

As for those saying the umpires have a hard job: yet more BS!

They have the easiest job in Australia. They are immune from any media criticism due to the AFL’s accreditation force field. They are certainly immune from any official criticism. They get the AFL media mouthpieces coming out each week saying what a great job they do, and that every decision was spot on.

In the last twenty years or so, we have seen every public office in the country come under not only enormous criticism but outright vilification, from obvious targets including pollies and PMs to previously sacrosanct officials like the Governor-General, High Court judges, various church officials, etc etc etc.

The section of the community that receives the least scrutiny especially by the MSM are the AFL maggots.

Because they have a tough job.

FMD.

19 Likes

Seriously people, what we saw today is mere foreplay for the raping we will cop next week. The dogs are the umpires lovechild.

5 Likes

such a predictable day. Knew we would have 2 sets of rules in place as soon as I saw these 2 flogs walk out. the 3rd guy was just as rubbish. I don’t care what anyone says but there is a bias against us, and it wouldn’t surprise me if it wasn’t mandated by head office.

Essington came to play and the umpiring made absolutely sure it lasted as long as possible

2 Likes

All of you recent corruption converts, come forthwith to the FFS umpiring thread. Welcome to the team.

3 Likes

Just a bit of checking on games this year Pannell has umpired. Nothing in rd 1, 9-13 (holidays perhaps?) but he was rolled out for us in:

• Rd 3 vs Carlton (poor loss)

• Rd 7 vs Freo (another poor loss)

• Rd 18 vs Nth (win despite poor play)

3 out of the 12 games he has umpired this year have been against us, truly bizarre.

No surprise that the games we play poorly are officiated by him, it seemed to me that a lot of the poor play was due to hesitancy in the first quarter, with players unsure as to whether they may get pinged for a free against?

There are 9 games per week so on average we should only cop him 2, maybe 3 times, so perhaps we have seen the last one? But since he was unavailable for 6 of the 22, we have already had more than our fair share. Surely we can’t get another game with him in it?

2 Likes