Troy Pannell & Leigh Fisher

IIRC margetts gave us 2 back to back 50s in that WC game in 2013.

He’s still a ■■■■ though.

Exactly why I think we should go back to one central umpire and have 4 boundary umpires that can make obvious calls on the play. This current system makes no ■■■■■■ sense. 4 idiots running around like headless chooks essentially in the same areas, afraid to overrule each other. Goal umpires and boundary umpires can be trusted to put a players career in their hands by report, but not trusted to make calls on obvious free kicks. Makes no sense.

Allow the far boundary umpires to move onto the the ground towards the play and then back to the boundary when its on their side, patrolling their quarter of the ground. They could even take ball ups on the fly if its closer to the boundary. The central umpire stays…central. Patrolling the corridor only. The game would be covered by EVERY angle, McKernans mark would have been easily paid.

But what do I know.

4 Likes

STOP MAKING SENSE! This is the AFL, we will not have sense here!

3 Likes

Just a question for the rule buffs here. If you take a mark in the goal square where does the defender stand? In the West Coast game stringer marked in the square from Greens pass and the defender stood at the edge/end of the square. But in the Norf game Belly took a mark in the first quarter and they made Goldstein stand on the goal line.

In terms of distance from the goal it is where he marked it, however the umpires lines him up directly in front of goal.

So if you mark just inside the side of the goal square 7 meters from the goal line, the mark will be set 7 meters from the goal line but directly in front.

1 Like

I never agreed with making them full time but I reckon now we should make them full time so then maybe they’ll take it more seriously. Make them give up their living during the week so they will appreciate their job a bit more and make less mistakes knowing they could be out of a livelihood

1 Like

Pannell is emergency umpire for the Freo game.

First time I’m hoping for no umpire injuries.

1 Like

My namesake Jack Clarke called for chumpires to be made full time professionals… in 1968. He said it was such an important job that it needed full time dedication, in order for the best job possible to be done.

Fifty years later we are still waiting… for any improvement.

1 Like

Will 100% get him against the swans. Nothing surer.

1 Like

Was confident of a win tonight, then I saw Pannell is umpiring. Here goes another frustrating night at the football.

Mollison (32), Pannell (28), Deboy (11)

Why do these ■■■■■■ have numbers?

1 Like

ffs

Just heard on the radio Pannell’s retiring.

Probably get farewell next week at Adelaide Oval. Frees Port 71 to our 4.

2 Likes

good riddance

4 Likes

Said before Pannell was at my high school. He surprised me a little at the Saints game by calling more for us that he has traditionally.

Don’t let the door hit your ■■■■ on the way out.

I DONT WANT ARSEPRINTS ON MY DOOR.

1 Like

wish a few of his mates would follow him

Needs more than a simple LIKE.

I think it needs explanation myself.

Da faq was/is Pannell doing at Dings joint??

1 Like