TV show thread (2022-?)

I just finished season 3. Very enjoyable “what if” show. A few of the characters need to be pushed out an airlock for either stupidity or just general unlikeability, but otherwise I hope they do more seasons.

1 Like

Loved it, hidden gem.

1 Like

New Babylon Berlin season, kicks off with a ripper

For all mankind is a good show, I really enjoy it.

Danny needs to be turfed into outer space, also we land on mars (yay!) and then just bring the petty earth issues with us and focus on that, my main gripe.

Been looking forward to this. Does it start chronologically with the Wall St crash?

I saw the girl who got involved with the Nazis in the last series in Around the World in 80 Days with David Tennant. You wouldn’t believe she’s not English.

I won’t give anything away, suffice to say it’s extremely surprising and methinks Gereon’s story is going to be fully explored this season. Such a great cast. And don’t get me started on the music.

Where are you seeing it? First 3 seasons were on Netflix, but I’m not seeing season 4 there…nor on SBS.

Naughty but I have a mate in Berlin who’s involved in the production and is also good friends with the actor who plays Alfred (heir to steel dynasty, birthmark). I asked for a subtitled zip months ago and he just delivered. Last I checked there were torrents about but only in German. Should be on Netflix soon but I believe it’s sub-contracted through a uk company which is where I’m assuming he got it. Long way of saying, not via my NFlix account . It started screening os a while back.

Das ist gut! Danke schon!

1 Like

Got the 3-month apple free trial, and wasn’t sure what to watch, but have enjoyed Coda, Black bird, Shantaram and now just finished season 1 of Slow Horses. So been all good so far.

2 Likes

It seems like a series a lot of people will miss, but I absolutely loved it. One of the best I’ve watched.
Station Eleven for those reading

1 Like

I just took my 3 free months.

I’ve read the first couple of books in the series, but other, mainly Australian, writers have taken precedence.

Watched Tokyo Vice ep 1the other night. Mostly watched it due to the involvement of Michael Mann. About a young American who lands a job at a Japanese language newspaper. He begins to investigate a couple of deaths. He calls them murders and gets a rocket from his editor. Undeterred he decides to continue his work. A slow burn but with not a lot that had real appeal.

@ivan what did you think of Ancient Apocalypse on Netflix?

Graham has certainly (once again) gotten a lot of knickers in a twist.

1 Like

I rather enjoyed it, more questions than answers of course, but still a bit of fun.

I did see there are some archeologists petitioning to get it classified as sci-fi. Haha.

Anyone watching season 2 of The White Lotus ?

Enjoying it more than season 1.

I want to go to Sicily now, absolutely gorgeous place.

4 Likes

Good to hear. I haven’t started it yet, waiting to get to the holiday break.

1 Like

I’m loving this season

1 Like

Yep, White Lotus is great. Tried to hold off S2 until all episodes were released, but couldn’t hold back. Now, stuck waiting on a weekly basis

1 Like

Colin from Accounts…will get me back for episode 2

3 Likes