TV show thread (2022-?)

6 Likes

It was quite something.

4 Likes

It didnt need it but im glad it was in there.

Yep. TLOU just did something remarkable. Absolutely nothing like I expected.

2 Likes

S2 of the excellent Bloodlands commences on SBS Wed Feb 1 9.30PM.

Undoubtedly also will be available via On Demand. Unfortunately likely to be a weekly drop.

S2 of Carnival Row drops on Amazon in February.

TLOU Ep 3

The acting,writing everything was subperb but i felt we spent far too long with Bill and Franks relastionship it was mentioned they were partners in the game breifly but thats it nothing worth expanding on imo

Bill section is my favourite part game and they skipped it.

We got no banter with Ellie and Bill which i find helerious could have had a nice little action seqence with Bill,Joel,Ellie jumping starting the car with infected chasing them like in the game

Instead it was all skipped for a love story that really dosent do much to the story you could skip episode 3 and it wouldnt reuin the series. felt like a filler episode to me imo

1 Like

woweee For All Mankind I was not expecting this quality of a television show

SO
MUCH
DRAMA

Really enjoying this show

2 Likes

Should I persist with ā€˜The Bear?ā€™ Blitz gave it two thumbs up but after three episodes Iā€™m reluctant to keep watching. Does it pick up? Is there a hook? Or should I move on to ā€˜The Last of Us?ā€™

Yep, one of my favs that I only recently found out about

The bear is great. But itā€™s good from the start so if you arenā€™t feeling it after 3 it might not change for you.

2 Likes

I only got two episodes in to The Bear, and just wasnā€™t feeling it at all.

Iā€™ll go back to it at some stage based on how highly itā€™s rated, but maybe itā€™s just not for me.

1 Like

Yep, an Oz actor who actually deserves he recognition heā€™s getting. Being an Xbox owner I havenā€™t played the game so I was wondering what, if any, roles Bill and Frank have. Ninoā€™s post is informative and while I sympathise with him and sounds like the game has a good sub plot, Iā€™m glad that made that very good episode how they did. Loved all the prepper stuff and the Parks and Rec Ron casting was very good on all sorts of levels, then to boldly go where they did for a whole episode, I was just thinking how many people they just lost as viewers and how awesomely they didnā€™t give a fark. Probably, with word of mouth, gained the equivalent. Great tv.

4 Likes

I watched the first two eps (not played the game) of TLOU and felt nothing for Joel (miscast? heā€™s just in too much tv now and I can only see the actor not the character) or Ellie (annoying, but maybe its true to the character I dunno) and offers nothing we havenā€™t seen before in the post-apocalypse/zombie genre, but the third episode was fantastic. Great characters, writing and acting. Just a genuinely good love story. Hopefully with the way the show jumps around in terms of time weā€™ll get a bit more of those two characters because theyā€™re far and away the best thing about the show.

1 Like

Murray Bartlett, only seen him TLOU and the 1st season of The White Lotus.

He has been excellent in both.

4 Likes

Surprised he hasnā€™t done more. Terrific in that episode. Has a Greg Kinnear vibe to him. Nick Offerman quietly becoming one of the best tv actors working.

2 Likes

I had to Google him as I knew Iā€™d seen him before and couldnā€™t remember where. GOT.

Itā€™s the only other show I have seen him in. I guess I donā€™t watch the type of other
shows he has been in.

Agree re Ellie and the show though. I enjoyed the 3rd episode, really liked the Bill character and I think itā€™s shows everybody needs love and a purpose especially in times of war where in a matter of seconds your life could be over.

My favourite bit was the strawberries scene.

3 Likes

ā€œI was never scared until you came along"

3 Likes

GOT, Mandalorian, Narcos, now this. Heā€™s not a bad actor, but he has virtually the same look down to the facial hair and plays a similar character in everything heā€™s in.

1 Like

Have only seen GOT outta those shows.