Two 'Pie players test positive

Quoted Post

Press 'Red' for Ed.

Press ‘Red’ for PEDs

I genuinely feel bad for the players, just not bad enough to stop me acting the prick.

Quoted Post

I genuinely feel bad for the players, just not bad enough to stop me acting the prick.

The time it takes to turn around the sampling is obscene. If the scientists can get that down to a few hours then we will hopefully see a system where decisions over the preservation of anonymity aren’t made for political reasons (i.e. to save the rest of a squad from suspicion)

I look forward to Eddie suing the very foundations of the earth to clear their names, regardless of facts.

Quoted Post

I look forward to Eddie suing the very foundations of the earth to clear their names, regardless of facts.
They've already thrown em under the bus.

For those being all oh players need to watch what they eat, this stuff can also be consumed while having party drugs. Many ways.

Still not laying into players but have to see it both ways.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

The time it takes to turn around the sampling is obscene. If the scientists can get that down to a few hours then we will hopefully see a system where decisions over the preservation of anonymity aren’t made for political reasons (i.e. to save the rest of a squad from suspicion)

It can be done in a matter of a couple of days. It’s all about what the afl is willing to pay for.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

For those being all oh players need to watch what they eat, this stuff can also be consumed while having party drugs. Many ways.

Either pills, wizz fizz or legit doping.

Very very unlikely known there were 2 contaminated steaks in NZ, on just those few days they were there - and no rugby or league player or cricketer or basketballer or soccer player or any other athlete had one.

It would make a lot of sense if it was illicit drugs. If clen was being used to cut whatever drugs, as eccies & coke are performance enhancing in every sport bar AFL, where the players are obviously allowed to take as many of those as they want.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Very very unlikely known there were 2 contaminated steaks in NZ, on just those few days they were there - and no rugby or league player or cricketer or basketballer or soccer player or any other athlete had one.

It would make a lot of sense if it was illicit drugs. If clen was being used to cut whatever drugs, as eccies & coke are performance enhancing in every sport bar AFL, where the players are obviously allowed to take as many of those as they want.

They had one of their representative on the radio I think this morning. Could have been their sports minister, not sure of the title and he said if the meat was contaminated then why has no NZ sportsperson tested positive.

Heard that ^^^

They can only hope for a negative B sample. Nowhere to hide.

Quoted Post

Heard that ^^^

Chances of a negative B sample?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Heard that ^^^

Chances of a negative B sample?

From the other thread according to people who know, very slim.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

They also just happen to live together.

People keep saying it, I don’t really know what the relevance of that is?

Footy players live in each other’s pockets, whether they live together or not. Which you commonly see when a virus or gastro goes through a club.

Keeffe was on the list when at least 4 Pies players were reported as having self-reported to avoid the 3 strike system.

now we have Gill saying that yesterdays news means we might need to revisit the system. Hmm. What are the implications if the 3 strike loopholes lead to a Ped infraction down the track? Duty of care blah blah blah.

Sorry, just playing creative dot-to-dot the way the Afl media propaganda has taught us.

There’s no real joy in this but there is comeuppance:

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has attacked some fellow AFL clubs, saying it was time for them to “stop cheating”, and “burning the competition to the ground every other year”.

Quoted Post

There's no real joy in this but there is comeuppance:

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has attacked some fellow AFL clubs, saying it was time for them to “stop cheating”, and “burning the competition to the ground every other year”.

Why would he only bring up his knowledge on this now?
Oh, that’s right.

Quoted Post

There's no real joy in this but there is comeuppance:

I just learned a new word! Thanks

Quoted Post

Heard that ^^^

I see what you didn’t know you did there.

For me it would seem a ban is inevitable. Positive tests are conclusive proof that the substance was in their system. How and why will determine length of ban. Deliberate use carries a 4-year ban now thanks to new ASADA rules which came into effect Jan 1, non-deliberate is 2 years. The former would be career over. Both are uncontracted for 2016. Tough situation for both players, perhaps the illicit drug use route might be a way it has been ingested. Is that something that could be in an illicit drug?

Quoted Post

For me it would seem a ban is inevitable. Positive tests are conclusive proof that the substance was in their system. How and why will determine length of ban. Deliberate use carries a 4-year ban now thanks to new ASADA rules which came into effect Jan 1, non-deliberate is 2 years. The former would be career over. Both are uncontracted for 2016. Tough situation for both players, perhaps the illicit drug use route might be a way it has been ingested. Is that something that could be in an illicit drug?

Yes it can. However is it only matchday where an illicit drug is a PED? Surely if they are using it during training then it would carry the same penalty?

Or, if it is via illicit drug, does that fall under non-deliberate and cop 2 years anyway?

And not sure if HAP said it in this thread or the ASAGA thread, but both are close to best 22. Keefe would definitely be, who are their other tall defenders? Brown and Frost?

Thomas has talent and if not best 22 then most definitely best 25.