Ufc

It has also worked in her favor too - so far she’s fought two people who are full time athletes and don’t have second jobs (and one of those just knocked her out). She has been fighting part timers and building her brand.

That’s the best thing about UFC though, boxing is a shitfight and you rarely see the best of the best compete - but they all get paid.

Anyone else gobsmacked that Rhonda picked up a FOTN bonus??

Based on? All the talk about the other fights?

That's the best thing about UFC though, boxing is a shitfight and you rarely see the best of the best compete - but they all get paid.
I can't agree with this. The Best V Best happens when the money is right. And so it should be. F Mayweather copped plenty of flack for agreeing to fight M Pacquiao in 2015 rather than in 2010. If he had agreed to fight five years ago he would have made around $100m. Holding out made him an extra $200m+. Manny did better also. We can postulate about being past primes and that but when an athlete is at that level, they do it for the money and are entitled to every cent they can get. The UFC athletes work as hard as the pro boxers but are disadvantaged due to not being in control of the one thing that is worth something. Rousey and Holm should have made $10's of millions each given the interest in this match. And that's a big problem with UFC. A decent puncher will emerge from the ranks of UFC and will end up switching to boxing because he/she can control their own destiny and ultimately get a fair slice of the dollars being generated.
That's the best thing about UFC though, boxing is a shitfight and you rarely see the best of the best compete - but they all get paid.
I can't agree with this. The Best V Best happens when the money is right. And so it should be. F Mayweather copped plenty of flack for agreeing to fight M Pacquiao in 2015 rather than in 2010. If he had agreed to fight five years ago he would have made around $100m. Holding out made him an extra $200m+. Manny did better also. We can postulate about being past primes and that but when an athlete is at that level, they do it for the money and are entitled to every cent they can get. The UFC athletes work as hard as the pro boxers but are disadvantaged due to not being in control of the one thing that is worth something. Rousey and Holm should have made $10's of millions each given the interest in this match. And that's a big problem with UFC. A decent puncher will emerge from the ranks of UFC and will end up switching to boxing because he/she can control their own destiny and ultimately get a fair slice of the dollars being generated.
Pardon french, but I couldn't give less of a crap about the money. "Only" $100M? My heart bleeds.

When you’ve got the two best guys/girls in the world, who’ve been the best in the world for approaching a decade, who won’t fight each other? That’s ■■■■.
Only sport in the world where you can choose not to compete against someone else.

And a major reason why boxing is now a side column on the 4th-from-back-page sport, rather than a back page feature sport.
And surely that’s having an impact on how many athletes end up going that route, rather than a competing sport or code.

Should have gone to Whittaker and Hall.

Pardon french, but I couldn't give less of a crap about the money. "Only" $100M? My heart bleeds.

When you’ve got the two best guys/girls in the world, who’ve been the best in the world for approaching a decade, who won’t fight each other? That’s ■■■■.
Only sport in the world where you can choose not to compete against someone else.

And a major reason why boxing is now a side column on the 4th-from-back-page sport, rather than a back page feature sport.
And surely that’s having an impact on how many athletes end up going that route, rather than a competing sport or code.

That’s the thing. It’s not you or I putting our lives and wellbeing on the line for someone’s ‘entertainment’. You can die doing that. The best do come together when it is worth it to do so.

That’s fair enough, and TBH I’m never ever going to stump up for a PPV so my views are absolutely irrelevant.

But I do like boxing as a sport, and I think it’s sad that it’s such a marginal sport now where up until the '70s or '80s it was one of the top sports. It seems to be shambolically run.

Not enough love for the Celtic Kid. Jake fought a good fight, survived a decent kick to the head and being monstered in the guard, to get free and dish out some punishment of his own. He listened to his corners (Dad’s) instructions and took him down as directed in the second and it was game over.

He is going OK. Not bad for a young kid who has stuff all time in the sport. I would like to see him continue to work on his ground game. He has the strength and speed to be a good fighter. I think the loss in Adelaide was a good thing for him and made him realise that nothing is given to you unless you work hard to take it for yourself.

Not enough love for the Celtic Kid. Jake fought a good fight, survived a decent kick to the head and being monstered in the guard, to get free and dish out some punishment of his own. He listened to his corners (Dad's) instructions and took him down as directed in the second and it was game over.

He is going OK. Not bad for a young kid who has stuff all time in the sport. I would like to see him continue to work on his ground game. He has the strength and speed to be a good fighter. I think the loss in Adelaide was a good thing for him and made him realise that nothing is given to you unless you work hard to take it for yourself.

That was a great performance by Jake. He would have learnt more from his loss in Adelaide than any other fight he has had.

He’s a good kid, and a fair representation of most in the MMA scene around Melbourne.

Jake is good but the guy he fought was terrible lol.

It’s good he’s being given these fights early in his career so he can develop though. Too many times they rush kids through, let him beat up on some cans and gate keepers first.

So who wins… Would like to see McGregor sat on his backside

Aldo. I’m hoping Aldo takes him down. Probably best BJJ in the division and Connors ground game is ■■■■.

This card tomorrow is insane. Every fight on the main card could headline an event.

that was quick.

Jeebus

Well I guess you can say he did walk the walk.

That was crazyness.

McGregor did exactly what I expected.

Really enjoy watching him fight.

Looking forward to March 5, thinking McGregor might be up against it vs. dos Anjos however.

Looking forward to March 5, thinking McGregor might be up against it vs. dos Anjos however.

McGregor vs. dos Anjos

and

Holly Holm v Miesha Tate

Not sure on rest of card but those 2 fights alone will be worth tuning in for.