Ufc

Anyone watch the interview today? Also the stare-down was great.

Tate beats Holm via submission

Not surprising, Tate’s stand up isn’t garbage unlike Rousey’s so she managed to take down Holm where she clearly went in with an advantage once the fight hit the deck

Well that was sort of unexpected… champions come and champions go.

It’s the great thing about UFC. Less predictable than boxing.

Had money on diaz by sub. Conor’s ground game doesn’t exist.

Had money on diaz by sub. Conor's ground game doesn't exist.

Do you think Conor going up a class was a mistake?
Neglecting ground game, he just didn’t seem to do much damage standing up

I thought Diaz’s reach was too long for McGregor. Was hard for Conor to make contact, Diaz was a good three inches taller.

I don’t think Conor will keep the belt at featherweight lol. Frankie Edgar has a good chin and badass grappling, Conor is very one dimensional.

Going up is rough but he didn’t put weight on, he just didn’t cut it. And he fought a guy who fights at lightweight usually as well, wasn’t a big welterweight.

He struggled not having the reach advantage and Nate has good boxing and was rolling with Conor’s punches.

Was a mistake going up but that’s only because holes got exposed in his game. His opponent didn’t win from a weight advantage.

Matthews in a shock result wins the Prologue in Paris Nice.

And S.Clarke wins GP Ariginato.

Apparently A.Yates will be riding for GC in Tirreno.

Matthews in a shock result wins the Prologue in Paris Nice.

And S.Clarke wins GP Ariginato.

Apparently A.Yates will be riding for GC in Tirreno.

As enjoyable as the mental image of seeing some Spanish lycras get punched a lot in the head is, I think you’re in the wrong thread.

2 divisions, wasn’t it?

He looked like put everything he had on an early knock-out. He just boxed. He got more good shots in than Diaz - Diaz missed more than he hit - but Diaz just had the size to cop more than Conor could give. IMHO. Longer it went on the less likely he was.

I know a lot of people don’t like Conor but fark me… I can’t stand Diaz.

I’d rather anyone in the division hold the title than that worm.

Somehow I don’t think he will hold it for all that long (here’s hoping anyway).

Did he actually win the title?
Still reasonably impressive from Diaz IMHO, 11 days is no time to prepare properly.

I find almost all of the cocky trash-talk stuff hard to cop, and they pretty much all do it.

Great fight to watch, looked like Conor was going to finish in the first. Great defense to hold off to the end of the 1st by Diaz

I wonder if the clowning around in the second added to Connors downfall. A bit of Anderson Di Silva head dancing there

Great fight to watch, looked like Conor was going to finish in the first. Great defense to hold off to the end of the 1st by Diaz

I wonder if the clowning around in the second added to Connors downfall. A bit of Anderson Di Silva head dancing there

That’s my impression as a total novice. Looked like he got over confident and one hit changed the tide.

Did he actually win the title? Still reasonably impressive from Diaz IMHO, 11 days is no time to prepare properly.

I find almost all of the cocky trash-talk stuff hard to cop, and they pretty much all do it.

My mistake.

Although I find it strange that he didn’t defend his title? I assumed that after you win the title, every time you fought from then on would be to maintain it.

Did the fact his first opponent had to withdraw have anything to do with that?

They were fighting for an interim belt(?), because the initial fight vs. RDA was going to be for the title, but because he’s ‘injured’ and doesn’t have the opportunity to defend his belt. I think Diaz will now fight RDA eventually for the title, not sure what UFC # that will be.

They weren’t fighting for a belt.

Conor is champ of 145 pound division. He fought at 170. This was just a regular fight.

He will fight Aldo or Edgar at 145 next.

Back to being a big fish in a small pond. Not that there is anything wrong with that. If anything, it is pretty clear how to beat him now.

On a side note. I love Ben Askren. Would love to see him fight in the UFC.