Ufc

They weren't fighting for a belt.

Conor is champ of 145 pound division. He fought at 170. This was just a regular fight.

He will fight Aldo or Edgar at 145 next.

Aaarrrggghhh. Right.

Thank you!

Conor is champ of 145 pound division. He fought at 170. This was just a regular fight.

Ridiculous step up. 25 lbs is over a sixth of his normal weight. Ludicrous when it’s in black and white.

I forget how few divisions there are compared to boxing (they’ve got 140lbs/147/154/160/168 - so it would’ve been stepping up 3 or even 4 divisions)

Ridiculous step up. 25 lbs is over a sixth of his normal weight. Ludicrous when it’s in black and white.

I forget how few divisions there are compared to boxing (they’ve got 140lbs/147/154/160/168 - so it would’ve been stepping up 3 or even 4 divisions)

Wasn’t really a “step up”, that’s how much he weighs. He didn’t put weight on he just didn’t cut weight.

Diaz was in the same boat. He also went up for the fight.

It’s good to see him do that though!

BJ Penn used to do it. Has fought at 145lb all the way to heavyweight where max weight is 265lb.

Won titles in two weight classes.

Curious YT being our resident expert, Do you think Askren would cut it in UFC? IS the jump reaklly that big?

Definitely got the wrestling to compete but not sure if he would be champ. Pretty much any really high level wrestler will do well but haven’t seen him against top guys so it’s difficult to really see how far he could take it.

Deserves to be there but seems like Dana White has a personal vendetta against him.

If you like Askren you should youtube the video of him grappling with Marcelo Garcia (one of all time great BJJ guys).

Thanks for that. Amazing how many people prefer the stand up. I find it way more fascinating once it hits the mat

No, it’s a bit gay. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Far out. Bosse v O'Connell crazy punching.

10 secs to go in the last round and they give each other a high five and then commence to throw haymakers at each other till the ref seperates them.

Fight of the year. How either of them were no knocked out is beyond me.

Thanks for that. Amazing how many people prefer the stand up. I find it way more fascinating once it hits the mat

Best fights are between 2 wrestlers, as it usually stays on the feet, and because they don’t have good technique, it’s usually a swing for the stars type matchup.

Jon Jones, way to ■■■■ up another main event!

Jon Jones, way to ■■■■ up another main event!

Yeah, but how much money did they throw at the Spider to get him to take the fight with two days notice??

DC could get rocked here if he isn’t careful. The ol’ Spider still has some tricks, but after losing four of his past five fights you would have to think that DC will grind this out.

Best fights are between 2 wrestlers, as it usually stays on the feet, and because they don’t have good technique, it’s usually a swing for the stars type matchup.

You mean like this one, Don Frye vs Yoshihiro Takayama-

I'll just go on record as saying I am not a wrestling fan anymore. I used to watch it religiously as a kid but I grew up.

I like Brock because of his work ethic and his freakish athleticism for someone his size.

Watching him in the gym would put a lot of pro-athletes to shame.

Hulk Hogan v Andre the Giant…every other fight has been irrelevant since.

*edit: Hulk Hogan v The Ultimate Warrior was relevant

You have horrible taste.

How dare you.

Incidentally, the Hogan vs. Andre match received a negative four star rating from Dave Meltzer and the Wrestling Observer Newsletter named it the “Worst Worked Match of the Year.”

That’s 8.5 stars behind Savage/Steamboat on the same card…

Incidentally, the Hogan vs. Andre match received a negative four star rating from Dave Meltzer and the Wrestling Observer Newsletter named it the "Worst Worked Match of the Year."

That’s 8.5 stars behind Savage/Steamboat on the same card…

Cuddles

text

Oh yeah

text

I’m coming…

text

Question for YourTeam, you seem to know quite a bit about UFC. if Holly Holm and Rousey were to have a rematch who do you think would win?

Is that the big money match that everyone wants to see?

"The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Brock Lesnar of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an out-of-competition sample collection on June 28, 2016. USADA received the testing results from the June 28, 2016 sample collection from the WADA-accredited UCLA Olympic Analytical Laboratory on the evening of July 14, 2016.

"USADA, the independent administrator of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, will handle the results management and appropriate adjudication of this case. It is important to note that, under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, there is a full fair legal review process that is afforded to all athletes before any sanctions are imposed. The Nevada State Athletic Commission also retains jurisdiction over this matter as the sample collection was performed in close proximity to Lesnar’s bout at UFC 200 in Las Vegas.

“Consistent with all previous potential anti-doping violations, additional information will be provided at the appropriate time as the process moves forward.”

Well knock me down with a feather.

Everyone knows Lesnar is juicing and was going to juice (except Crazy for some reason). Hunt took the fight knowing that too.