Ufc

RIP Rousey's UFC career

Ouch - that was brutal. Looked completely out of her league. How could someone supposedly a World beater look so useless? I guess she was never as good as she thought.

Her coach has a lot to answer given he spent the last year telling everyone her stand up is fine lol

Yes, agree - she was a sitting duck.

She got out-boxed last time and it seems she learned nothing from the experience. Tell you what, the other girl is a very good striker. The ref probably should have stepped in 10 seconds earlier. Rousey was gone at that point. Nunes is a right hander yet Rousey’s sideways movement was to the left. Right into Nunes’ hitting zone. I would have advised Rousey to frustrate the Brazilian with distance until she gassed out. Nunes had 90 seconds or so max at that pace. They were high intensity blows. Keep her throwing and missing. Don’t engage her in a toe-to-toe exchange. Not at that stage at least. Once the clinch came, Rousey would have had the advantage. You have to know your limitations. She is an excellent grappler, average boxer. Wrong strategy against a very good puncher.

She got out-boxed last time and it seems she learned nothing from the experience. Tell you what, the other girl is a very good striker. The ref probably should have stepped in 10 seconds earlier. Rousey was gone at that point. Nunes is a right hander yet Rousey's sideways movement was to the left. Right into Nunes' hitting zone. I would have advised Rousey to frustrate the Brazilian with distance until she gassed out. Nunes had 90 seconds or so max at that pace. They were high intensity blows. Keep her throwing and missing. Don't engage her in a toe-to-toe exchange. Not at that stage at least. Once the clinch came, Rousey would have had the advantage. You have to know your limitations. She is an excellent grappler, average boxer. Wrong strategy against a very good puncher.

She had a strategy? Lol
I mean, beyond what I presume was an attempt at rope a dope

She got out-boxed last time and it seems she learned nothing from the experience. Tell you what, the other girl is a very good striker. The ref probably should have stepped in 10 seconds earlier. Rousey was gone at that point. Nunes is a right hander yet Rousey's sideways movement was to the left. Right into Nunes' hitting zone. I would have advised Rousey to frustrate the Brazilian with distance until she gassed out. Nunes had 90 seconds or so max at that pace. They were high intensity blows. Keep her throwing and missing. Don't engage her in a toe-to-toe exchange. Not at that stage at least. Once the clinch came, Rousey would have had the advantage. You have to know your limitations. She is an excellent grappler, average boxer. Wrong strategy against a very good puncher.

She had a strategy? Lol
I mean, beyond what I presume was an attempt at rope a dope

Her corner must have thought Nunes didn’t hit hard enough and Rousey could get through. Mind you, there would have been a lot going on in Rousey’s mind and maybe she just forgot what she was told and lost it. The mind can abandon you when the bell rings.

What a terrible beating.
Glad the Ref stopped it when he did.

The worst bit is WWE will respond by making her beat great wrestlers, with no long-term plan.
Or Expendables 4 will come out lol

Believe Stallone has confirmed it

Not sure he plans on using the millenials that made the 3rd movie so bad

UFC needs the following;

Jon Jones back
Someone that can give Mighty mouse a decent contest
McGregor to defend his title
Fresh Heavyweights
Less Rhonda

Bring back “The Iceman”

oh Jon Jones, surely not again…

Anyone pumped for Sunday?

1 Like

Been waiting 2 years for Kebab vs Conor

Sure am, man.

Conor has been playing mind games 24-7. Trying to distract that Russian bloke. Conor has to go for the win early, otherwise he will gas in the later rounds & that’ll be all she wrote.

1 Like

Hope Conor knocks the bum out. I fear Khabib’s ground work is above Conor’s level by a long margin, but better wrestlers than Conor have been knocked out early. I feel like this one will go deep.

1 Like

No doubt that Conor will bombard Khabib with punches & kicks from the get-go. He doesn’t have the tank for the fight to go too deep & Khabib’s sambo will trouble him the later the fight drags on. Go the Irish!

1 Like

Connor needs to prepare for a long uncomfortable evening.

Main event at 38:30

1 Like

Comes out DJ King style with the headphones. Ha. Ripped as usual. And a random kick at the face-off. Great theatre.

BTW, I agree with Bisping. I can’t see this fight going to a points decision. Early KO by Conor or late submission by Khabib.

2 Likes

Oh ■■■■ I forgot my son Black Beast on this card.

Conor needs to KO Khabib in the first 2 rounds to win.

If the fight last to round 3 the Khabib mauling will commence. Conor will gas.

I hope khabib takes him down and snaps his ■■■■■■■ arm.