US Politics Thread - Post Mueller Edition

Could Rupert see the winds changing??
Oh. please be true

But if Biden gets elected, Rupert/Lachlan will be expecting his quid pro quo.

Just as easy to tear Joe down again.

No farking chance. But it is very odd.

That swing, man that was bad. His caddy is 100% cheating for him (probably without his knowledge).

Other footage of him playing golf is here:

3 Likes

Gee, I’m surprised that they are not blaming Trump for that as well.

He absolutely cheats at golf. It is well-documented.

If he shoots 73 with that swing, then I’m Tiger Woods.

1 Like

Geez for a bunch of people that take pleasure in not being duped by Rupert Murdoch you all fall hook line and sinker for that Tucker editorial.

Google Paul Singer and Rupert Murdoch they’ve been at each other for the past few years, specifically Singer has been buying into Sky and other media assets.

That editorial had nothing to do with economics or politics, just a shot across the bow from Murdoch at an enemy.

2 Likes

Oh yes I have read that article.

What’s that saying about golf being a major test of character? You can find out more about a person on the golf course in 4 hours than you can by knowing them for years

1 Like

From that article (I forgot about this)

On another occasion recounted by Reilly, Trump was playing with Mike Tirico, the sportscaster, who hit a long, soaring second shot into a par five, high-fived his caddy, and headed for the green. When he got there, there was no sign of his ball; it had somehow ended up in a sand trap some fifty feet left of the pin. “Lousy break,” Trump said. Tirico was so befuddled that he took a seven. Afterward, Trump’s caddy told Tirico that his approach shot had actually finished up about ten feet from the hole. “Trump threw it into the bunker,” the caddy said. “I watched him do it.”

Doing a little foot wedge or something for your own ball is one thing, actively interfering with someone else’s ball is some supervillain sh/t

3 Likes

This is some bleak ■■■■. Nothing especially new, and I’m sure there’s elements to take issue with, but spells it out in pretty plain paragraphs. I may start paying extra tax this year.

3 Likes

It’s not cheating, it’s “alternate winning”.

6 Likes

That’s a sad read.

I actually love the USA, travel there once or twice a year. The people there are always very, very nice to Australians. Made a lot of friends there because of it.

Like to think that the horrible videos we see are the small minority there.

It’s just sad to see them in such a bad situation.

2 Likes

It really depends where you go. There are good people everywhere, and how people react to you as a visitor may be different to how they react when they feel their liberties are being threatened. It’s a really mindset in the US that has been indoctrinated since they were young.

I visit regularly too, as I have a number of lifelong friends there. But if they didn’t live there, I’d probably give it a miss.

1 Like

M ex wife is American. She immigrated.

Have good friends there too and had very good and very bad experiences there. They just operate so much closer to the void than we do. Anyone here advocating for a shift to something more like their system should be lobotomised. And we keep voting in the kind of people most likely to do that.

6 Likes

Cheer up, Umair.

Come on, the US is liberal party nirvana. Give them enough time and we’ll get there too.

3 Likes

Is that caddy still with us?

4 Likes

He’s not sooper optimistic Umair

1 Like

Don Jong Trump.