Vegans on a rampage

My daughter is a vegan but she understands that if you expect people to respect your choices then you need to respect theirs too.

4 Likes

Reminds me of Billy Connolly.
Something like, “Ye knoooow,” all his jokes start like that, “ye knoooow, it’s a funny thing. These animal rights activists throwing red paint on ladies in fur coats. Ye never see them tryin’ that with bikers.”

the other way to view it is as a discussion

3 Likes
5 Likes

Organically grown Gluten free pasta doesn’t though …

Eh I was being half hysterical about the whole thing

How predators behave and eat is nothing like the mass produced factory farmed produce in society.

I am not a vegetarian but I do think factory farming is an awful practice that should be stopped.

It is also strange that consumers will purchase free range eggs, but buy factory farmed chicken.

1 Like

When I was a kid, my Cousins on the farm at Talbot had a pig as a pet. It had been with the dogs since it was a little piglet, and it acted just like a dog, except the barks were a little bit different. Very clean animal and very loving and obedient.

Only problem was that when it was full grown it was huge and playing with my Cousins and dogs was so destructive. It could run through door and once made a hole in a wall.

We all loved that pig.

2 Likes

That’s one charming pig. :pig:

3 Likes

Not doubting that you could grow attached to a pig… indeed I think they are quite cute when living in a domestic environment

1 Like

So what do you propose we do with an industry that’s worth a fortune? Animals in abattoirs are not killed inhumanely btw, they use a stun gun. I do agree that animals should be kept and bred in reasonable conditions, as they actually end up tasting better, same goes for free range eggs which are better for you.
I feel like smashing a steak now.

2 Likes

Ewe

1 Like

animals are super awesome.

and they are also super tasty.

3 Likes

Bovine university

2 Likes

That might be price driven mate. Free range eggs are a lot cheaper than free range chickens.

If everything was the same price what decisions do you think we would make?

But they are not. We live in a system where we need to produce food in mass amounts and not all of us have the money to buy meat or products from organic or free range farms as much as we would like to.

So we deal with it and are ok with it. Obviously the people in that restaurant we ok with it and as such should be left alone to enjoy their legal meal.

And as a side note vegans and vegetarians fart more than meat eaters. I wish they would stop ■■■■■■■ up my planet.

1 Like

Concur with this.

My wife is Muslim, so l have given up all pork for her, as much a love ham and bacon. She didn’t ask me to, l just decided to. Haven’t really missed it. Don’t think l could give up lamb, although it can’t be found in these parts.

If their argument was against factory farms than why the hell would they go to a steak restaurant. No doubt someone will raise feedlots but they make up such a small percentage of beef produced in Australia it wouldn’t be worth the argument. Australia not only has plenty of space it also has a great climate for growing grass, meaning we don’t need to keep cattle confined inside sheds. The feedlots which are used are most often just a finishing tool and not a long term thing.

1 Like

This is pretty awesome by the Vegans I will have to say.

We shouldnt eat meat. Its cruel. Thats just true.

For a year or so now I have been going Vego on my lunch break. I figure if we all do that then we do some good even if we cant give it up completely. It allays my guilt somewhat.

Sadly the problem is that if pigs werent meant to be eaten then why are they covered in bacon.

But we the intelliigent higher species should try and be kind and we should think.

Nothing wrong with the vegans trying to get us to think and get off auto pilot.

Vegans have outright moral ground. I respect them greatly.

1 Like
3 Likes

Parody or?

3 Likes