Vegans

I feel like it’s something that if you grew up around you’d be fine with (or at least less uncomfortable with).

I believe Vegans are causing global warming because of all the methane coming out of their mouths.

I’m top of the food chain.

1 Like

It certainly didn’t stop me, or the people with me eating meat. It just showed us somewhere we were uncomfortable and some people doing jobs we certainly wouldn’t choose for ourselves. Not the first time in an uncomfortable place, and definitely not the last.

1 Like

Most definitely. It doesn’t bother me at all but can see how it would affect plenty

1 Like

Yep. I eat meat a couple of times a week. It’s just about being informed on providence & process. You can’t really judge others without this IMO.

2 Likes

Why would GOD have invented steak knives if he didn’t want us to eat meat?

1 Like

I once saw a piglet acting like a puppy and now I very, very, very rarely eat pork/bacon/ham.

Also today is the second time in 7 days that i’ve gone meat free. I think my body went in to shock last time because I didn’t poop that day and I’m assuming the same thing will happen today.

I’m not doing it for any other reason other than seeing if I can.

Do meat free days count if you don’t eat anything for the day?

Why…do you visit the origin places of all goods you consume?

If people want to eat meat without the emotional baggage of where it came from, that is their right and there is absolutely no reason that they should visit an abattoir.

3 Likes

I live on the periphery of the Yarra Valley and plenty of guys at footy have stories about them cutting up kangaroos and deer themselves.
I’ve eve got a friend in Steels Creek who bought a cow calf specifically to feed and grow it until they decided to kill and eat it.

No, but once I have evidence of slave labour or other human rights violations, I boycott that product forever. We all know that animals get killed in slaughter houses, but most of us are unaware of the level of cruelty and unnecessary suffering, unless we experience it.
I think there would be more vegetarians if everyone did gain that first hand experience of the slaughtering process. Those that didn’t change their diet would at least be more informed.

2 Likes

I reckon that is something I could never do, i would get too attached to the animal.

I reckon I eat meat twice a week now, not for any social or weight benefits, just reckon there are heaps more on the menu than just meat.

Could never go vegan though, love milk yogurt and cheese way too much.

If you can afford it, still want to eat meat, but are uncomfortable with factory farming, then source a good local farm that Pasture Raise their livestock, and ensure that they use the highest standards when processing the animal.

Speak to the farmer direct if it’s that important to you.
You will find they are more than happy to discuss the process with you.
Despite what a portion of Vegans think, I do believe these farmers care for their animals, not just in a commercial sense.

2 Likes

I don’t agree.
Face up to the reality and accept it. Or don’t do it.

And Vegans shouldn’t eat veggies until they have ploughed a field themselves by hand.

3 Likes

Hence your username?

3 Likes

Agreed. I use a couple of organic places for dairy and also egg products and have visited them. All of them treat their animals well.

2 Likes

100% this. I eat meat once a week. I buy it from free range organic butchers (wanker) that can tell you what paddock the animal came from, the farmers name, what the animal ate, how old it was etc etc.

I also understand it’s an extremely expensive way to buy meat and not everybody can afford to do it that way. (that’s why i only do it once a week)

2 Likes

It is undeniably more expensive, but do-able for a single on an average wage.
For example…
My beef mince is $20 per kg.
10% off if picked up from Farmers Market (Richmond Sat. mornings).
So, $18 per kg that does me for 6 meals.

$3 for the meat component of each meal is quite reasonable, particularly when you consider Organic, hormone free, Grass Fed/Finished, and that the animals experience quality of life and are put down in the most stressless and painfree methods available.

Once you add predominantly organic veggies and higher quality fats, it certainly does become pricey per meal.
It is an investment in your health though.

3 Likes

We are happy to put in unleaded95 in our cars, but don’t want to spend extra on better food.