VFL - Prelim Final vs Casey @ Port Melbourne, 2:10pm Saturday 15 September 2018

If McKernan was fit, he would have torn the VFL finals a part. He is a monster at this level. IMO would have been the difference in us winning the premiership.

A contested marking player like McKernan in the forwardline yesterday, with the conditions, would have been massive.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t matter if he were fit. Was not eligible.

1 Like

I think the backline of the VFL has been outstanding all year. Hartley has done the job every week, Zerk-Thatcher and Ridley have proven themselves as good prospects in the coming years, Francis obviously has evolved and Redman was on fire from half-back until he got injured. McNiece and a few others were pretty good, I’d say most the year down back it was a massive success.

Midfield chopped and changed a bit with Parish/Myers and others coming in and out, but I’d say it’s a weakness of the team. Hopefully we can draft a few more quality mids at this draft with a mature ager or two and it’ll really help Clarke/Mutch/Mynott who all were mostly good but had little support. I think throw in a bit more quality and then probably McKernan/Stewart playing VFL I think we’re in a good spot for next year.

2 Likes

Hallelujah.

1 Like

Agree re Lazarro
I’d rookie him ahead of Hind, on the basis of;
List needs

IE, much as Hind excites at times, he’s a mature aged player who receives and runs of the half back line. Does it well but that’s about all. We’ve got a bunch of more rounded and just as exciting types already on the list.
Every time I’ve seen Lazzaro he’s been doing multiple things well and smartly. A touch of the baby Fantasia about him.

7 Likes

Wanted to let you, @theDJR and others like you know how important your support of the team has been throughout the year. Getting thousands to the finals is fantastic, but we don’t forget about the couple of hundred who show up week in week out during the dog days of the season, they’d be some pretty lonely cold winter days without you and others like you. It’s appreciated by the players and everyone around the program a great deal.

58 Likes

Fair assessment.
I find the recruiting/line up of the VFL one of the more interesting areas. You have to sort your priorities.
I’d have;

1. Playing listed players in their projected position
  2. Playing the style of game you have in the seniors so players can step straight in
  3. Everything else including winning.
    Looking at our list the backline and inside mids look like they’re developing, but with Hind, Jerret and Green out we don’t have any of our half back or small forward run so the playing style won’t be comparable. Younan offers zero peace. So with that in mind I be looking at getting plenty of pace for our VFL list. It’s be a great Tiwi academy opportunity.
2 Likes

This is what started the fight.

1 Like

Dyson could learn a bit from Aaron’s instant reaction

4 Likes

What is the go with Lazaro, why didn’t he get drafted, looks like a talent.

F*cking weak prick.

Clocks a kid with the ball, then Takes a jab at Heppell.

Fck him off. Don’t need that sort of sht on the footy field.

Edit: the reaction from our players was perfect. Doubt that would have happened in the seniors. In fact it didnt. Other than Bellchambers standing over the opponent and eye-balling him.

2 Likes

Lol. What a ■■■■■■■■.
Follows it up with a punch to the jaw of another player.

Anyway, on another point, I don’t like making negative calls on any sort of Essendon player, but I’d be surprised if Lazaro plays 100 VFL games, let alone anything like 50 AFL games.

Hope he proves me wrong, but not only am I not seeing it at this stage, I’m actually seeing a lot of not.

■■■■ Hill Dorks win by a point. Some Willy bloke missed a set shot about 5 seconds before the siren

We beat Box Hill earlier in the year at Box Hill too…

Surprised how gutted I am about yesterdays loss. Then again, not surprised.

2 Likes

And a few minutes earlier they had “earned” the winning point by taking a dive down forward. And shortly before that they knocked a guy out at Willy’s 50m line, no free.

North Adelaide win the SANFL Prelim today by 5 points but apparently had 19 men on the field for approximately 5 minutes in the last quarter. The SANFL have viewed the footage and in that 5 period North scored 1.2 and the league are looking at wiping that off which would send the Eagles into the GF

4 Likes

That response seems pretty fair.

I think I just figured out how I want the pies to lose next week.

7 Likes

Apparently happened in the NEAFL GF today and they just awarded a free kick during the game