VFL - Round 17 vs Gold Coast @ Windy Hill, 1PM Sunday 17 July 2022 - Hurley returns

Hurley set to play, for the first time since 19 September 2020 (team to be named later today).

Will be streamed at the below link and via the AFL or VFL apps, but entry is free so get around him.

16 Likes

Tempted to go to this game. Hurley has been a loyal servant of the club, and looking forward to seeing him play. Lets hope his body holds up, and he enjoys his return.

3 Likes

Anyone attending the game live, should know that there will be a literal bear running around on the ground. Be careful.

11 Likes

Brayden Sier playing for Gold Coast?

Weather;
8-15mm of rain, with a 20knot wind straight down the ground.

Hurley returns for a classic Windy Hill day of footy.

3 Likes

Don’t be ridiculous.

So you’re saying there’s a chance he could kick a goal from the centre square…

1 Like

The right column is in metres/second, so only in the vicinity of 10 knots.

But still definitely a chance…

1 Like

Forward or Back???

Unless someone has put a weather station at Windy Hill (unlikely) I assume you’re going off the nearest generic forecasts.
Based on 50 odd years of observations I’m doubling any forecast wind speed at the actual ground.
There is a reason it’s called Windy Hill.

In a similar way to Waverley Park receiving double any surrounding rain fall, and half the temperature.

2 Likes

If anyone on blitz would know, it’s @WindsockBoy

4 Likes

left foot off two steps

3 Likes

I’m going & I reckon I can see most of the game before need I to get to Marvel.

There’s a train that leaves Essendon at 3.48 pm & arrives at Sth Cross at 4.02 for the 4.40 start

I’m not really a public transport kinda of guy but this works out nicely

2 Likes

It’s a shame it wasn’t Saturday, would they still get a few of the team there even though they play later in the afternoon?

wouldn’t be surprised if a few Bomber supporters pick this over going to Marvel in the afternoon

3 Likes

I’m hoping to be at this one , just need to clear the decks of family commitments first, lol.

3 Likes

:slightly_frowning_face:

Am going to miss Hurley’s return. Will have to watch the replay, although am sure will get an idea of how he went with the comments that will be posted here.

(going to the Elvis movie).

Yep, I’m rearranging stuff now. I’m not missing this.

3 Likes

Won’t be there, but I’ll be cheering him on loudly from up here. Absolutely love the bloke.
Cheers Mick.

17 Likes

Elvis movie is excellent, incredible attention to detail

3 Likes

THE BEAR