VFL - Round 2 vs Casey @ Casey, 3PM Saturday 2 April 2022

Oh, please. He could barely run.

2 Likes

seen enough of Voss - bring him in as brings aggression and has swagger.

3 Likes

Are we brining in the Tinder fella to replace Stewart or what.

Please say yes.

5 Likes

For the VFL players I thought that the Other Hird (Sutton) shows a bit. He might turn out to be a decent pick up for the side.

Edited for accuracy

2 Likes

One of the factors that contributed to Hobbs’ perceived poor disposal was the messy forward line. When he looked up there was nothing to kick to, so he tended to just place the ball in an attacking position and not pass to a team mate.

2 Likes

Sutton debuted against Sandy last year from memory but of course COVID cut the season short.

1 Like

Still looked fitter than some in the senior side yesterday. His presence and skill in the forward line makes up for any fitness he lacks atm. Let him get it back in the seniors even on managed minutes he would be worth 2 goals a game and put doubts in the minds of opposition defenders.

Lol

1 Like

Some of his kicks went directly to the opposition, that’s not acceptable regardless of what our forwards did. Very least kick to a contest.

Richmond supporters that have been following him closely for a lot more than 2 games were livid that we picked him up. Similar to how we were ■■■■■■ off when St Kilda picked up Hind.

Well I’m glad your happy. We are sitting last on the ladder and he can’t get a game

We were always going to be 0-3, did you even look at the draw?

2 Likes

Watching the replay and can’t get over how terrible these commentators are. At least 10 players per quarter called the wrong name.

7 Likes

I had to have the team list open as I don’t know all the players and they kept calling the wrong names. It enabled me to at least know who was who because relying on them would have confused the heck out of me.

3 Likes

And then watch the anger and cries of incompetence if/when he does a hammy / calf / quad whatever.

Madness.

1 Like

McDonagh has exhibited the very purest of Essington-ings - where the player shows these strengths (in GM’s case composure, long kicking) and then after an Essendon preseason with some sort of dumb as hell strategic adjustment those strengths are magically completely gone.

8 Likes

I haven’t seen enough of him to comment either way, but i’m definitely willing to give him a season to prove himself. I imagine he’s on the list to cover injuries, so who knows if we’ll ever see him in the seniors.

1 Like

Fine, clearly I’m getting a touch excited about the prospect of seeing Walla in action again on the big stage. Damn you voice of reason.

2 Likes

Could have kept Gleeson if all we wanted was a backup half back.

2 Likes