VFL - Round 5 vs North @ Windy Hill, 12noon Saturday 5 May 2018

Looks strong, mobile, aggressive confident. BHI. Unless we are concerned a stint in the AFL will contaminate him him.

1 Like

■■■■■■ hell the VFL team actually shepard for each other which makes a massive difference. Plus they actually have pace with hind, younan etc.

2 Likes

dan jordans a genius!

1 Like

i reckon our VFL team would beat our current AFL team lol

1 Like

The VFL footage is limited: it’s from the wing early with no sound, then later shifts to the old boardroom behind the western goals with sound (of variable delay and apparently from near the bench given the North voices dominate). The latter wider angle does show quite well how the team operates.

If you’re not hardcore, you may wish to start at around 1:19, and wonder where the fruit loop Merrett’s man went…

I wanna know when Langford does bullet time?

1:46:30

Ottavi had a tough second half of the game; I reckon he was urined off when Smack stole the pass to him!

1 Like

Hope the coaches see that. He Langford is a second possesion “midfielder” and he had what 9-10 in last qrt- but what would we know

Having watched that second half of the replay, Langford was very good.

7 Likes

Yes just finished. This kid can play ’ he creates’ but no lets play him as a defensive inside mid. He does have the potential to be a real polished mid. So hope its with our club

2 Likes

skipworth thinks you’re full of ■■■■, did he make the kpis of 50 touches 10 goals 30 tackles?

3 Likes

Nope ! and they were the Kpi s for the 1st half. Back to the drawing board

No. Skipworth did not. Ever.

Langford drops his shoulder on a dummy better than anyone on the list at the moment. He may not share all his qualities but that feint reminds me of someone…

1 Like

Geez langford dominates at this level, looks a class above.

3 Likes

It’s nice to watch Alex Morgan get smashed.

Just upsets me about Langford

1 Like

i think this weeks game is the vfl web telecast. should be on youtube

1 Like

I guess at least when Langford plays in the 2’s he gets decent midfield minutes.

Yes, he looks very good around the ground with ball in hand, he is kicking about 1 goal a game.

Clarke by contrast is a full time inside midfielder and spends more time around the contest. Contrary to Langford, he does not look like a silky player, but Clarke is more nimble around the ball. Clarke has not scored yet.

Its interesting that the VFL stats allow you to work out who are winning their own ball, with a bit of mathematical jiggery pockery you can calculate Disposals-(Handball Receives + Marks) !
The results show Clarke wins about 50% more of his own ball, Langford Average Own Gets =12 Clarke Average Own Gets =17.5. Langford averages 5.3 marks Clarke 3.75

Most of the difference between the 2 are due to positioning differences. Langford plays as a Midfielder/forward and Clarke is now playing full time mid.

Horses for courses.

2 Likes