VFLW - FIRST EVER FINAL - vs Casey @ Casey - 12noon Saturday 3 July 2021 - YouTube, CaseyRadio, 3DJR

No Patrikios, no Moreau… but ex-Bomber Rebecca Neaves has been prominent.

44-23

Bring on the undefeated pies

1 Like

Port have just stopped

This is a destroyation.

57-23 as De Angelis goals.

WE’RE GONNA PLAY AT LEAST THREE FINALS.

3 Likes

More EFCW photos up on Instagram.

Grace Dicker looks warm.

Crook and Gillard:

1 Like

Nalder there from the start… now rising above the pack!

1 Like

So glad this veteran chose to come to us! Such a leader.

Interview includes some great game footage (not from the YouTube stream).

Give Gillard a break, she is doing heavy lifting for the country outside the footy
And as for you chipping @Hoffy, in addition to getting Blitzers back on line, while shifting the tide at the national border so Gladys can green shoot …

1 Like

Date/Venue/Times TBC but next weekend…

Major Semi Final - Collingwood v Essendon

Minor Semi Final - Geelong v Southern Saints

1 Like

ALL DAY BOMBERS ALL DAY

How many halves did they play!

Thanks as always @theDJR.
Looking forward to watching next week (I assume all the finals will be streamed?)

1 Like

Oops, and yes. Grand Final will also be a Kayo Freebie.

2 Likes

loved hearing the girls sing the song I have to say.

so we gonna take home the vflw flag?

@Hoffy has ensured she is not rostered on for work the next three weekends; so YES.

4 Likes

You better believe it. Go Bombers!

3 Likes

The winning goal: we must be doing something right that someone born and working in Queensland, coming off an AFLW club B&F win, feels the need to come back to our little ol’ development club that they spent one year with.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ5gmsUBYS8/

5 Likes

This must be the longest running match day thread in Blitz history

1 Like

The thread is properly named, there are fewer idiots in here, no need to close it :slight_smile:

(though La Presidenta earlier today managed to post in last week’s thread instead of here!)

Despite the sheer volume of my posts, I still haven’t been able to fully express what this week represents, coming from the slog of a one-win first year (there was nothing wrong with our attitude in 2018; we just didn’t have the cattle).

For me it was perhaps best book-ended by, after a query earlier in the week here whether Alex Quigley was gone (caused by me failing to list her in those still around since 2018), was her presence at the game. She’s in a moon boot but after the first warmup she’s doing dribble goals from the boundary – three in a row through the middle, and I ask her “who needs two feet anyway?”

It’s just a shame the game was held interstate, and you didn’t get something like the below visceral and guttural reaction. It’s the first goal we ever scored, in our third quarter, by Quiggles.

That’s what we want. Being asked by Alana Barba’s mother “who I was there for” before the Willy game is not (though it’s certainly a valid and deeply evocative reason to be there).

I hope Ess/Pies will be much bigger. It’s on the two clubs to make it that (and I’m hoping for Victoria Park rather than some mere training ground).

6 Likes

Vwoom!