VFLW - GRAND FINAL vs Saints @ North Port Oval, 12:15PM Sunday 3 July 2022 - SHINY THING ACHIEVED

I would love to go but have Covid. Will be watching on telly though.

Hoping we get lots of supporters there to cheer the girls on to a win.

It will mean a lot to all Essendon supporters and with all the $hit we have been through the girls, who have played with so much heart and us deserve something good to happen.

7 Likes

Crappy timing, @miss_ellie :broken_heart: … you’re no bandwagon supporter.

1 Like

Came in the mail today from League Tees, and my very subtle way of showing my bias on Sunday :wink:

4 Likes

Not that there’s anything wrong with bandwagon supporters (such as me) who are ALL encouraged to get along to the game.

4 Likes

The bandwagon is HUGE and has plenty of room.

4 Likes

Let’s sideswipe the Saints wagon into the Bay.

4 Likes

@Catherine_Lio Do we know if there will be a banner, and if the cheer squad will be there in big numbers with flags, signs, and everything else that makes a big occasion?

I am reliably informed there will be a banner, which means cheer squad to make and hold the banner! Lets get rowdy!

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

As sad as I am to not see the players who nominated get drafted, selfishly pretty stoked we have a full list for the GF. LETS GOOOOOO

4 Likes

But while they may have come from fifth, there was never any doubt the Saints were capable of doing what they have done, having previously beaten Geelong and drawn with the undefeated Bombers early in the season, and they will go into the decider having won eight of their past nine matches – the only loss being to Essendon in Round 13 when they led by 12 points at quarter-time before falling by 10 in a tight contest.

Robinson said her team’s success had been built on stability, with little reliance on St Kilda’s AFLW-listed players – only Alana Woodward (10 matches), Lucy Burke (6) and Tahlia Meyer (3) played more than one VFLW game, with Woodward (Sydney) and Meyer (Hawthorn) no longer at the club after being picked up by expansion teams during the season.

“It has helped massively, we’re probably two of the sides that have kept our VFL group quite compact all year,” she said.

“But the last few weeks and all of the changes with AFLW, we’ve been able to get back to our core VFL group – and that’s what I’ve been all about, ensuring we’re building a VFL side that is complemented by our AFLW program but never reliant on it.”

Who was the saints player that got drafted? I hope she gets to play this weekend

Only two Southern Saints got drafted (Stuart and Jolliffe): both went to the other Saints.

There were some Sandringham girls drafted, but they weren’t on the Southern Saints list.

1 Like

Very interesting.

These are some sweet shots.

You forgot to invoke @saladin.

:heart_hands:

5 Likes

I think the quote is

“I would have given my right leg to play a game in an Essendon jumper”

:black_circle: :red_circle: :black_circle:

Go get it, Maj.

3 Likes

No comment, apart from the bit where it says there is an unspecified “9s” game beforehand. Don’t interrupt our prolonged warm-up, ya bastards.