Violence Against Women

Really great interview with Jimmy Bartel.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/jimmy-bartel-opens-up-about-his-familys-experience-with-domestic-violence/news-story/3f074f497a31a906af1c37792db7d515

That was hard to read (in an emotional sense)

Just finished reading it. Respect. Very moving and l urge all Blitzers to read it and get involved with his initiative. Simply the best and mostr moving footy interview l have read since Michael Long told his story to the Bomber magazine almost 20 years ago.

Gutsy effort Jimmy. You have my support. Keep up the good work.

Great article by Jimmy Bartel. Quality person with an incredible mother.

Another powerful story and well worth the read.

AFL player’s brother avoids jail over rape
THE teenage brother of a high-profile AFL player has avoided jail, despite pleading guilty to the savage rape of a young woman so brutal it put her in hospital.

I know the thread is violence against women, but in the last week in Melbourne a mother killed her young child and I hardly see people parading about it.

AFL player’s brother avoids jail over rape THE teenage brother of a high-profile AFL player has avoided jail, despite pleading guilty to the savage rape of a young woman so brutal it put her in hospital.

How do you avoid gaol for a rape you confessed to?

I know the thread is violence against women, but in the last week in Melbourne a mother killed her young child and I hardly see people parading about it.

The narrative by the media has been interesting, from how they reported the bullshit cover up story to how they reported the facts…

You have to wonder what it is in a woman's makeup that attracts her to violent men. If Captain Jack's friend has been bashed by 4 different partners....

Bugger this, it sounds as if I’m shifting the blame, but some women do go for the bad boys, thinking they can alter their behaviour…rarely happens. There are also lots of women who are repulsed by violent men.

Careful.
It’s true. but I don’t think you’re allowed to say that anymore.
The real villain in this picture is the friend-zoned guy who bought her flowers.

Problem is that people twist it to say you’re condoning the men’s behaviour, which I’m not trying to do.

There was a famous scene in The Accused where Jodie Foster cavorted provocatively on a pinball machine. I know the guys had to get consent, but you’re doing that in an environment of drunks, you’re just asking for trouble.

You don’t swim in crocodile-infested waters. Everyone’s got to be careful out there.

I knew a girl back in the 90s who was incapable of making a decision that was the “right option” for her. She continually picked the option that led to problems. Tons of guys are like that too. Some people just seem predisposed to trouble.

Good point.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezview/we-talk-about-violence-against-women-but-not-this-woman/story-fnpug1jf-1227684138756?sv=d5dd28f5a30d9d726332bf10559b7b34

Is he/she/it getting belted because he/she/it is a woman, or because he/she/it is a big boofhead.

I’ve still got my doubts about some of this transgender crap. Every time I look, there’s another letter tacked on after LGB

So what?

AFL player’s brother avoids jail over rape THE teenage brother of a high-profile AFL player has avoided jail, despite pleading guilty to the savage rape of a young woman so brutal it put her in hospital.

How do you avoid gaol for a rape you confessed to?

Be under age and convince the judge you were “struggling” with captive live

You gave to be kidding me? Would police seriously say that to someone? If you call when they are screaming then it is too late to save them!

A neighbour of Ms Thompson called police on the night it is believed she was murdered to tell them he could see Wood in Ms Thompson’s house, despite the fact the intervention order forbade him from approaching the property.

Local police told the neighbour they could not attend, and that he should call them back if he heard screaming or broken glass.

You gave to be kidding me? Would police seriously say that to someone? If you call when they are screaming then it is too late to save them!

A neighbour of Ms Thompson called police on the night it is believed she was murdered to tell them he could see Wood in Ms Thompson’s house, despite the fact the intervention order forbade him from approaching the property.

Local police told the neighbour they could not attend, and that he should call them back if he heard screaming or broken glass.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-21/police-made-critical-errors-before-kelly-thompsons-stabbing/7345032

It is terrible. Would be interested to find out what jobs the cops were at that prevented them from attending. All cars could have been at 000 jobs so what can you do?

Wonderful…

Wonderful...

http://www.news.com.au/national/crime/woman-killed-in-violent-attack-at-bundeena/news-story/89ddf14675b600eeeccba104c88ac383

ex-partner bashed her to death with a cricket bat and belted her son into unconsciousness.

■■■■■ pretty ■■■■■■ ^

I just remember/was reminded of the kids down the road when I grew up
Brother and sister living with their aunt & uncle after the father killed the mother. The aunt (sister) has had PTS-related issues ever since (trying to make the point that the violence can have more far reaching and unforeseen consequences than some might believe)

Related: found out today that 2 of the women in my class had been physically abused by their partners (one moved from the US to get away, the other from Perth(?))
Both have children (2-3), and one of the partners’ owns a carpentry business and is only declaring part of his income to minimise the amount of child support he has to pay.
And as if to give credence to the theory that violence breeds violence, the American partner was sexually abused by his father as a child

Driving along in school traffic this afternoon. It was just after 3pm so roads were packed and I had my oldest daughter in the car rushing her to Robina hospital emergency ward as she had been stung by a bee and is highly allergic . Her face had started to swell and was complaining about restricted throat so was quite urgent.(she’s ok). Saw a couple standing by road, guy grabs the womans head in both his hands and starts shaking her quite hard, whilst yelling at her. All I could do was slow down and beep my horn for extended period as I drove past. He stopped immediately as he heard it, looked at me at first angrily like i’d interrupted something important, and then went sheepish and looked away. He then started walking away. She just followed a few steps behind then I lost them in my rear vision mirror. Still a little disturbed at what I saw.

Driving along in school traffic this afternoon. It was just after 3pm so roads were packed and I had my oldest daughter in the car rushing her to Robina hospital emergency ward as she had been stung by a bee and is highly allergic . Her face had started to swell and was complaining about restricted throat so was quite urgent.(she's ok). Saw a couple standing by road, guy grabs the womans head in both his hands and starts shaking her quite hard, whilst yelling at her. All I could do was slow down and beep my horn for extended period as I drove past. He stopped immediately as he heard it, looked at me at first angrily like i'd interrupted something important, and then went sheepish and looked away. He then started walking away. She just followed a few steps behind then I lost them in my rear vision mirror. Still a little disturbed at what I saw.

You did what you could at the time, really impressed that you did too!

So they have actually charged someone with the young asian lady who was found murdered at a popular tourist blowhole attraction: her uncle (almost same age) did it.