Violence Against Women

What are you LOLing?

It is pleasing that they have caught the guy. Now we just need the courts to do the right thing and keep this guy off the streets.

Now - thatā€™s worthy of a LOL

Iā€™m certain that everytime cops find a woman brutally murdered they think ā€œI wonder who did this. It could be a man or a woman!ā€

2 Likes

Thatā€™s way to gender specific, I think their official training is to run through the 100 available gender pronouns before deciding.

1 Like

Iā€™m certain that everytime cops find a woman brutally murdered they think ā€œI wonder who did this. It could be a man or a woman!ā€

1 Like

So heā€™s Australian?

2 Likes

ā€œLetā€™s not use a country that disproves my pointā€.

Cherry picking.

1 Like

In fairness they are the only country in the world with more guns than people (1.2x) which makes them a bit of an anomaly in that regard.
Still, I think worldwide youā€™d still find overall that murder rate is greater in countries with the death penalty.
USA is just a better comparison as youā€™re less likely to have 1-2 states really blow out the numbers (as compared to what a few Middle Eastern countries may do).

I donā€™t think there any other western liberal countries with the death penalty.

The death penalty is also more expensive, than prisoners being in jail for life.

Surely given the speed the cops picked this guy up indicates he mighy have been known to police.

Maybe these violent crimes relate to failings in the current justice system around prisoner rehabilitation?

Theres gotta be a better way than herding up all the bad eggs and putting them together to well probably learn the wrong things off each other.

I donā€™t really buy into the eye for an eye type of justice. Think its dangerous.

Can already hear the bleatings of his defence counsel - broken home, drug user, persecuted minority group, disadvantaged back ground, social outcast, needs bail to care for his pet tortoise, abused as a child, blah, blah, blah, ad infinitum.

2 Likes

Bail is nearly impossible on wilful murder charges.

1 Like

F#ck him.
Should be executed brutally.

2 Likes

I think thatā€™s the thing: the ability to reflect and analyse their/our own behaviour. There are primal aspects involved in everything we do - thatā€™s the basis of our humanity and psychology - but itā€™s the ability to think about them in the context of a developed modern society that we are still struggling with, whether as individuals or as a society as a whole.

3 Likes

Which is why people have such a problem with the ā€œnot all menā€ movement.
It actually can re-enforce the problem in a very real way.
Our words and actions as men have capability to cause fear and real harm.
We need to realise this and constantly think about whether weā€™re acting appropriately. As megz has pointed out, this constant self analysis is something all women have to live with, as a reality of staying alive and safe.

4 Likes

Well done. Iā€™ve tried that before as well, and it didnā€™t end well - so far as friendships were concerned.

Plus itā€™s first degree murder, plus what ever else they can book him for , heā€™s going away for a very long time, itā€™s not even a question

I hope so.

There was a case a few years ago where a guy had killed someone he was with and got sent away for ā€œlifeā€. He was released after 10 years or close to that and promptly murdered another young women he was with before chopping up her body.

Even if he gets 25 years and stays there that long he gets out when he is around 45. Will he be reformed or will he do it again?