Violence Against Women

Tribal law works too, rape can be dealt with by anything from a spear to the leg by the father or brother of the victim to being catapulted to their death from a cliff.

Quoted Post

So... Any "Mens rights" activists in here?

well I’m certainly not anti mens rights.

activism is for people with time , and energy.

So there’s this- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Enough-is-Enough/858903817506855?fref=nf

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
This guy who's been charged sounds a right toff.

I might give myself up now, but before I do, I’ll wander into the Christian bookshop and digitally rape one of the staff.

When he’s got a heap of form.

Should go the same way as Bailey and the guy who murdered Sarah Cafferkey. Never to be released…ever.

Going to be hard to get an unbiased trial. A fair trial would have had him pushing up daisies by now.

Justice would see a medieval form of punishment, before eventual public execution.

Would make wonderful reality television - think of ratings.

Quoted Post

Tribal law works too, rape can be dealt with by anything from a spear to the leg by the father or brother of the victim to being catapulted to their death from a cliff.

Sort of like the barbaric sharia law.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Sort of like the barbaric sharia law.

No sort of …

Quoted Post

So... Any "Mens rights" activists in here?

You’ve got the opposite side of the same coin here.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Sort of like the barbaric sharia law.</blockquoted

Didn’t say I condone it

Quoted Post

Our society in general is extremely violence prone, and violence obsessed. Just have a look at what the average punter enjoys as tv viewing for a start. We need a massive rethink on what we find acceptable/glorify. A good realistic look at that would be a good starting point.

“our society”? You mean white western society as opposed to what? Indian society where more women are raped each day than even in South Africa? What about ME society? That’s in the news each day for some of the most barbaric things ever seen? Japanese society? Where women are sexually molested each day while getting on any form of public transport and no one does anything?

This is not any particular society issue, this is humanity as a whole. Killing, rape, torture, oppression and destruction of other people is world-wide not specific to any one society. The form of it may be specific but the occurrences are not.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Our society in general is extremely violence prone, and violence obsessed. Just have a look at what the average punter enjoys as tv viewing for a start. We need a massive rethink on what we find acceptable/glorify. A good realistic look at that would be a good starting point.

“our society”? You mean white western society as opposed to what? Indian society where more women are raped each day than even in South Africa? What about ME society? That’s in the news each day for some of the most barbaric things ever seen? Japanese society? Where women are sexually molested each day while getting on any form of public transport and no one does anything?

This is not any particular society issue, this is humanity as a whole. Killing, rape, torture, oppression and destruction of other people is world-wide not specific to any one society. The form of it may be specific but the occurrences are not.

No denying any of that. But also blindingly obvious is the fact that you start by fixing your own world first. Or do you prefer the Abbott climate change strategy of doing nothing until everybody else does the same?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

No denying any of that. But also blindingly obvious is the fact that you start by fixing your own world first. Or do you prefer the Abbott climate change strategy of doing nothing until everybody else does the same?

No but by narrowing down on “our society” you made it sound like it only happens here and that the cause of it is simply violence in what we watch, I am highlighting that violence happens everywhere, and often in greater numbers, than here.

The issue isn’t limited by what we watch, it is a condition of the human soul…I will leave you to conclude where I might be going with that and what needs to happen to resolve it.

Within a decade, 238 homicides in NSW occurred in domestic violence context: report
By Antonette Collins
Updated about an hour ago

MAP: NSW
A report has called for better training of police officers and other frontline staff to detect and monitor cases of domestic violence in New South Wales.

It is the third annual report prepared by the NSW Domestic Violence Death Review Team, which included an analysis of data findings spanning a 10-year period from 2000 to 2010 and 19 case reviews of deaths that have been finalised between 2009 and 2010.

Over the 10-year period, the report found that 238 homicides in NSW occurred in a domestic violence context.

Out of that number, 137 deaths were women, accounting for almost half of the homicides, and 55 were children, with the vast majority of those - 96 per cent - killed by a parent.

Half of all child victims were under two years of age.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

No but by narrowing down on “our society” you made it sound like it only happens here and that the cause of it is simply violence in what we watch, I am highlighting that violence happens everywhere, and often in greater numbers, than here.

The issue isn’t limited by what we watch, it is a condition of the human soul…I will leave you to conclude where I might be going with that and what needs to happen to resolve it.

Fair enough. Badly explained on my part. And what we choose to watch/produce/glorify was just an example of how far down the track we are.

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Burn everyone?

I strongly disagree that domestic, or any other violence for that matter, is a condition of the human soul.
It is purely and simply societal indoctrination.
Apart from outliers, which this incident was.
Some people are just wrong 'uns, and there’s nothing that can be done about it. Never will be.

There was a time not so long ago for Anglo Australians when it was acceptable to give the wife a little tap if she got a bit mouthy.
That attitude changed just as surely as not wearing a seatbelt did.
That section of society didn’t become more in touch with their soul, they were conditioned.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Burn everyone?

At the stake? Works for me

Cut their d**** off

A crowd of 1,000 Afgahs kicked a mentally ill women to death and then burnt her to ashes - to cheering, because she was accused of burning the Quran (which was false)

Sometimes I do wonder wtf is happening to this world, seriously depressing

Quoted Post

Cut their d**** off

How do you do that with a women?

Burning is non-discriminatory

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Cut their d**** off

How do you do that with a women?

Burning is non-discriminatory

hmmmm very good point.

Burning it is.