Violence Against Women

Quoted Post

I strongly disagree that domestic, or any other violence for that matter, is a condition of the human soul. It is purely and simply societal indoctrination. Apart from outliers, which this incident was. Some people are just wrong 'uns, and there's nothing that can be done about it. Never will be.

There was a time not so long ago for Anglo Australians when it was acceptable to give the wife a little tap if she got a bit mouthy.
That attitude changed just as surely as not wearing a seatbelt did.
That section of society didn’t become more in touch with their soul, they were conditioned.

There was something that could have been done about this loon. He was convicted of serious crimes, and still let out. She would still be alive today if he had been kept locked away, like he should have been. The criminal system has some of her blood on their hands, and it won't wash off any time soon. There will be more like him in the future, l just hope there won't be many.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
I strongly disagree that domestic, or any other violence for that matter, is a condition of the human soul. It is purely and simply societal indoctrination. Apart from outliers, which this incident was. Some people are just wrong 'uns, and there's nothing that can be done about it. Never will be.

There was a time not so long ago for Anglo Australians when it was acceptable to give the wife a little tap if she got a bit mouthy.
That attitude changed just as surely as not wearing a seatbelt did.
That section of society didn’t become more in touch with their soul, they were conditioned.

There was something that could have been done about this loon. He was convicted of serious crimes, and still let out. She would still be alive today if he had been kept locked away, like he should have been. The criminal system has some of her blood on their hands, and it won't wash off any time soon. There will be more like him in the future, l just hope there won't be many.

Concur, but that’s a separate issue, and probably covered at the end of my first par.

I have a very good friend who left her physically and emotionally abusive husband. Her ex husband recently petitioned the family court for more time with their son. An independent psychologist spoke to all parties - including the child. Her child told the psychologist he was terrified of his dad because he saw him hit his mum and scream at her.

What does the Magistrate do when handing down orders? Blames the mum for making the son anxious and INCREASES the time the child spends with the dad. Also said the abuse as detailed by my friend seems exaggerated. She is completely devastated. She will no longer engage with the legal system because she simply doesn’t trust it.The child is acting out now because he is so scared to spending so much time with his dad.

Fixing the courts attitudes to domestic violence needs to occur.

1 Like

Quoted Post

Fixing the courts attitudes needs to occur.

Fixed.

It goes beyond the one area, the whole system has many flaws that need resolving.

Quoted Post

"The man accused of stabbing Melbourne schoolgirl Masa Vukotic to death has been charged with her murder and a slew of other offences, including rape, robbery and assault" reports The Age.

And the bleeding hearts oppose the death penalty and call it barbaric.

IMO the death penalty is the perfect cure for the above mentioned scum. Much more sensible than housing and feeding such ■■■■ at the taxpayers expense.

Why does it have to be the death penalty? Why not bring it back one step and make it capital punishment?

Not going to read the whole thread…skimmed over the first page only, but will just put my 2c in quickly.

I do agree that males are by far the most prolific perpetrators of violent crimes.
I do agree that women are far, far more likely to be victims of violent crime than to be perpetrators.
I do also know that men perpetrate violent crime against males far, far more than against females.
Males are at once the most violent, the highest offending, and the largest percentage of victims.

Quoted Post

Not going to read the whole thread...skimmed over the first page only, but will just put my 2c in quickly.

I do agree that males are by far the most prolific perpetrators of violent crimes.
I do agree that women are far, far more likely to be victims of violent crime than to be perpetrators.
I do also know that men perpetrate violent crime against males far, far more than against females.
Males are at once the most violent, the highest offending, and the largest percentage of victims.

Crazy bag lady in the city at lunch today was yelling and screaming and attacking a poor unsuspecting lady who did something to peeve this woman off…

Made for an entertaining lunch.

I was going to go over and step in but crazy lady seemed to realise she was stepping over the line and backed off on the violence threat and just walked away screaming and ranting.

Funny part after that was when my group finished their lunch and started to leave, crazy lady started coming through the door so we all stepped aside to give her room. This triggered her off and she ranted about selfish people getting in the way, screaming obscenities. This despite the fact we had all got out of her way before she had even started coming our way. Felt sorry for her that this is what her life was reduced to.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
"The man accused of stabbing Melbourne schoolgirl Masa Vukotic to death has been charged with her murder and a slew of other offences, including rape, robbery and assault" reports The Age.

IMO the death penalty is the perfect cure for the above mentioned scum. Much more sensible than housing and feeding such ■■■■ at the taxpayers expense.

Why does it have to be the death penalty? Why not bring it back one step and make it capital punishment?

because keeping them alive resembles torture and makes people squeamish. it’s better just to make them not exist anymore and forget the reason we don’t do it is the odd innocent person who gets non-existed and it has nothing to do with whether the guilty people are real scumbags.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

because keeping them alive resembles torture and makes people squeamish. it’s better just to make them not exist anymore and forget the reason we don’t do it is the odd innocent person who gets non-existed and it has nothing to do with whether the guilty people are real scumbags.

There are a couple of other reasons…

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Capital punishment is the death penalty.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Capital punishment is the death penalty.

I remember either around here or somewhere someone said schools should bring back capital punishment, argh the laughs when people mean corporal punishment.

As for the violence in general, Boot makes a valid point that the culture needs to change, which i believe is also tied up in the drinking culture of this country, yes as ICET says every country has their own unique culture against woman, but we can’t change that while ours still needs fixing.

But I always come back to what are the consequences for any action. You teach people how they should be or react in any situation and if you merely say “don’t hit woman/ anyone” while pretty much condoning it with your actions how does it stop that mentality ?

I don’t mean individuals but as a society with all the ■■■■ that’s gone on through the courts and because of the bleeding hearts how can most sit back and say oh we shouldn’t do this, cos the consequences outweigh anything else ? you see multiple offenders re offending with vicious crimes, you see people get no jail time for assaulting others and so on and so on.

So ultimately the message that gets sent out is, it is pretty much bad luck or a lottery as to if you harm others, that you will end up with a negative outcome. That is no deterrent IMO.

And this one punch kill legislation is a farce. It’s good on one hand but, as it was proven a couple of weeks after the introduction that if you don’t kill the person, you just give them brain damage or a disability for life that ■■■■■■■ law does SFA to punish the person.

Tougher sentencing IMO is the only way you’ll change the culture in this country. No bleeding heart bullshit of oh my mummy or daddy didn’t hug me enough as a kid. No i was drunk or on drugs so i didn’t know what i was doing bullshit. No more ■■■■■■■ excuses for peoples ■■■■ behaviour.

I’m not normally for capital punishment or death or any of that. But the older I get the more I realize how much it costs to keep inhumane scum like this alive and in our society. It’s hard to get by as it is.

Bringing in capital punishment might just be the answer to scaring the ■■■■ out of them from going any where near doing something like that.

It may just be the thing that scares them to stop before they do.

Putting aside that capital punishment is abhorrent in my opinion, and lowers the state to the level of the perpetrator, there is no evidence that capital punishment is a deterrent.

Surely there are studies that can confirm this.

Of course there is always going to be differing opinion on the subject, but thinking back to some Criminology subjects I took at uni, the consensus among experts is that capital punishment is not a deterrent. If you look at the US as an example where some states have capital punishment, and others have abolished it, there is no correlation between homicide rates and capital punishment.

Quoted Post

Putting aside that capital punishment is abhorrent in my opinion, and lowers the state to the level of the perpetrator, there is no evidence that capital punishment is a deterrent.

Adrian Bayley found guilty of raping three women before he raped and murdered Jill Meagher - The Age 26 March 2015

Care to put a case why this piece of ■■■■ should be feed and housed at the taxpayer’s expense for the rest of his sentence?

Death for Bayley would NOT lower the state to his level. And it would be a deterrent in that he would therefore have no chance to commit further crimes (in or out of prison).

1 Like

My opinion is that capital punishment is barbaric for any reason, so we are going to disagree on this issue on philosophical grounds. Also, the potential for the state to be terminating the lives of wrongly convicted innocents is fairly problematic I would have thought.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Adrian Bayley found guilty of raping three women before he raped and murdered Jill Meagher - The Age 26 March 2015

Care to put a case why this piece of ■■■■ should be fed and housed at the taxpayer’s expense for the rest of his sentence?

Death for Bayley would NOT lower the state to his level. And it would be a deterrent in that he would therefore have no chance to commit further crimes (in or out of prison).

plus in an over-populated world one less worthless scum is not a loss.

If a dog makes an unprovoked vicious attack on a person it is likely to be put down, but that doesn’t stop others dogs from making similar attacks at other times. But it sure fixes the problem of the attack dog.

Why should sex offending murderers, drug traffickers, etc, etc, receive any different treatment? Whether or not capital punishment deters some other person from committing the same crime is irrelevant IMO.

In fact if the argument that capital punishment is not appropriate as it is not deterrent, then by extending this logic, one could mount a case that there should be no penalties for any crime of any magnitude. For example, traffic fines do not deter others from speeding, so why have a penalty for speeding.

Rant ended (and fark Carlton).

1 Like

They should put Bailey in the general population in prison. He will be sorted out very quickly.

Quoted Post

Putting aside that capital punishment is abhorrent in my opinion, and lowers the state to the level of the perpetrator,.

I’m not necessarily for capital punishment, however i’ve never understood that line of thinking.

Why is it that to be morally superior we have to sit around and support people who choose not to live by a code the majority of us decide to ?

again don’t think capital punishment is the answer, but neither is letting these guys live out the rest of their lives, with the only real downside to their actions is they can’t leave a sq footage of area. they still end up with just as much if not more rights in jail, than their victims do.