W@nkword Bingo

My manager until recently overused “In this/that space” to such a degree, I would count them in meetings. His record was 34 in a 30 minute meeting that only actually ran for 25 once it started. 34in 25 minutes FFS.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Direct language leads to less talk, fewer meetings and higher productivity… but no one wants that right? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

“Lets take that (discussion) off-line.”

Has crept into language at work and i can’t stand it.

1 Like

Geez, that’s a whole bunch of beardy tw@t, hipster style words right there…

3 Likes

Our HR people try to justify their own existence, but do a terrible job of it.

The phrase, “It is what it is,” has been banned from Mrs Wim’s workplace.

4 Likes

Let’s put a pin in that one, round the wagons, and allow this to synergise with all stakeholders before we go forward with an actionable strategy.

1 Like

Let’s touch base

Q: Why do you circle the wagons?
A: We get better reception that way.

Firesign Theatre; Waiting For The Electrician.

1 Like

Hittin’ up the logos

1 Like

Then the boss says:
Lets touch base privately…

4 Likes

“It’s the Uber of Taxis”

2 Likes

High level detail

2 Likes

Like this thread.

Both been said but the two that get me from the thread are:
“Working in this space”. A law professor (actually he wasn’t a professor, that’s what ■■■■■■ me off he was just an offsider who was a glorified paper hander-outer explained his whole career once about the spaces he’s enjoyed working in and what spaces he’s working in now.

Also
“Let it marinate for a while”

If I was in a meeting and someone said "let’s marinate on this for a while " I would get up and walk out.

9 Likes

Saw an email signature the other day ‘Director of First Impressions’.

You’re a receptionist.

13 Likes

Oh man, great thread.

We now have to have regular ‘customer huddles’. WTAF a customer huddle is isn’t clear, because the accompanying powerpoint (because of course powerpoint) was full of w@nkwords.

Nearby we have a strategy team that speak in nothing but w@nkwords too. Plenty of agile etc. They’re main focus is customer journeys.

1 Like

Oh yes, and let’s not forget the customer interface and experience.

1 Like

Someone should start a thread on ■■■■■ job titles.

1 Like