We flogged the floggy flogs (and Hawthorn too) - review thread

one week max

Kennett making fringe racist commentary in the media to distract from the issue at hand. Obvious as the nose on his face what they’re trying to do.

2 Likes

Coaches Votes:

ESSENDON v HAWTHORN
7 Conor McKenna (ESS)
6 Michael Hurley (ESS)
5 Adam Saad (ESS)
5 Zach Merrett (ESS)
3 Jarman Impey (HAW)
3 Ricky Henderson (HAW)
1 Cale Hooker (ESS)

3 Likes

4 of our back 6 in the votes tells you pretty much all you need to know.

1 Like

No votes for Parish? I thought he played a great game.

2 Likes

Our backline dominated the 1st half under a mountain of football. Merrett was the most damaging mid in the 3 qtrs. Henderson and Impey clearly Hawthorn’s best. Not unreasonable votes.

1 Like

I won’t be surprised if the MRP suspends RAZ for getting in the way of Stratton’s fingers.

This is how much faith I have in the process.

3 Likes

He played a brilliant second half.

AFL Media says Isaac Smith the wrong guy for Stratton questions. Its no joking matter.

LOL Clearly simple diversionary tactics are not working.

Sending out a comedian, when a genius is needed to front the media was a bad call. While they were winning premierships “unsociable Hawthorn” was celebrated. When your club is on the skids, the knives come out. We know this.

1 Like

The Family Club.

1 Like

Selection of a 30 year old lockdown defender who has never scored 1 brownlow vote as captain of a top footy club is a bizarre thing. I mean Stratton is no Luke Hodge. Is he?

As a lockdown, he has to take the best small forward each week. He is clearly not handling it well at all. Maybe he thought that cutting off the mullet would give him respect of the fans and players?

Hawthorn took ages to select the captain this year. At the time there was conjecture that he was a stop gap candidate. Now that selection has seriously backfired.

Other names in the mix earlier on were Shiels and Smith. As midfielders, they would have been a better selection. But the captaincy is basically now for Mitchell to have if he wants it.

should get 2 weeks for the stomp. He knew exactly what he was doing. Do that in soccer and it’s a straight red and you are gone for another 2 matches

fwiw i thought the stomp was much worse than the pinching, and i thought the pinching was pathetic. With boots you can easily break someone’s foot or toes like that

9 Likes

Mckenna got three weeks for biting which probably caused a bruise. Raz has quite a few so will Stratton get three?

I’m not sure Jeff is that smart.

He’s an idiot.

I’m pretty sure he equated same sex marriage to paedophiles, and another time he was pretty vocal about a bisexual trainer that was sacked stating that it would be like having a paedophile working at the club.

Then, it turns out one of the Hawks trainers staff actually was a paedo!

6 Likes

I agree. Could have ended Smack’s season. I hope he get’s 2 for the stomp and 1 for the pinching but you know how these things go.

1 Like

He will probably get an apology from the Tribunal for him having to come in to see them.

2 Likes

Gold!!

56 Likes

Is that legit?

Well played Worsfold if true

6 Likes

Yep. From his press conference today.

5 Likes