We won a milestone game! Lions review thread

Myers best 22.

5 Likes

Was gonna say not enough myers hate in this thread…
Stats can’t be denied - were over 20% chance of winning with dave in the side.

1 Like

Had a good game today, like his game against Port. Needs to back it up though…

This is a pleasant surprise.

1 Like

Said it in the game thread but Hurley should have played on Riewoldt last week

1 Like

Haven’t seen the game. Please expand on this?

2 Likes

Well you know the blitz narrative - guarantees himself another 10 games now no matter how poorly he plays.

Forward line was ■■■■■, too many being selfish and running to the same space. Need to play team football and clear some space for each other. That’s what we have to expect though, McKernan (5th game) and Brown (1st game) with Green first game back. No chemistry. Can’t wait for Stewart to regain some confidence and come back to Lead by example on leading patterns to the newbies.
Dumb midfielders need to lower their eyes too and kick to advantage rather than go long every time.

Happy for a win though, as always.

3 Likes

My comments during the game were fairly pessimistic, but no Zaharakis and Heppell done before half-time, we still got the job done and it should’ve been an 8-9 goal win if not for some horrible goalkicking, especially in the 3rd term. Take the 4 points, rest up and be ready for a big 3 weeks post-bye. Eagles, Roos, Pies. Win 2 of that block and we keep ourselves in the hunt.

6 Likes

What a difference a month in football makes. Since the Carlton game weve gone 3-1

I dont think we are a top 4 club but the direction we are tracking in has some positives for the future.

Saad, Smith and Stringer are very good contributers

Ridley, Redman, Langford and Guefli have it.

Thats 7 players weve brought in. We have the chance now this season to keep playing the kids and be set for a good year next year. Even more so when Joe, Raz, Gleeson, Parish, Colyer have the chance to get over injuries.

7 Likes

5-7 not horrible going into the bye. Injuries are kinda shitt y atm especially if Devon is out.

I think now, if any is time to throw hooker forward. His leadship abilities will help guide the forwards. We have Franga primed and ready to slot in as the intercept defender to come in after the bye if required.

5 Likes

nice win considering we lost our best player for a half. i thought we would get run over. great defensive effort.

Jake Stringer is a gun and I am so glad he is ours. Can we get two more just like him?

1 Like

No way we play him in perth. Reckon we wait till we’re back in melbourne.

Beams especially and Zorko were monstered any time they went near the ball.
Zorko broke away a bit, or maybe we just fell away, but the intent was there.

I’m certainly not used to seeing it from this team, and it was a lovely surprise.

10 Likes

So many times Brisbane repeled the ball forward if we didn’t mark it or bring to ground

we find a way to beat west coast, and I think it would change the entire outlook of our season.

really hope we learn from Richmond and play a complete game to put it up to them. the eagles imo are the best side in the comp.

Sat pretty hard on Zorko.

Merrett showed some real intent today. I had him as my best for us. Warming up for a big second half of the year hopefully.

2 Likes

Giving credit to the coach perhaps today then?

1 Like