Welcome to the Bombers Johnny Rayner

Shades of Barry Besanko from the Davis years.  Would tuck the ball under his arm and run like the clappers and no one could catch him.

The drawback was he only got it about three times a game.

Still nothing to lose by giving him a go.

on SEN in a few minutes

I love it! No downside.

Need a couple of basketballers now to have a couple of years in the system.

Gives a big ‘fark you’ to Vlad and the afl, we will find a work around your corrupt sanctions.

More please.

Sent hand-written introductory letter to Dodoro. Old School.

Speaks well (Future Captainâ„¢).

Amazed that anyone could be critical of this. What’s to lose? He costs nothing more than a nominal wage. He might turn out to be a bust, but who cares? Nothing ventured, nothing gained. On the other hand he might work out - he certainly has one outstanding attribute. Time will tell, but I have to applaud the club.

Best thing about that? Rang up while every piece of crap media personality in the country was saying Essendon was treating players like guinea pigs and said "can I get in on that?" Love it.

EXODUS.

Wow. It only seems like it was yesterday that we'd were discussing drafting Rayner late in the Nd, because HM or foj1 or someone liked him, and today he's an alternative talent. Where had that time gone!

Wasn't me. 2009 was when I'd only just started watching the juniors, and I didn't see the Jets (or this guy) play at all. Could have been ant555 or foj or mojo311 (remember that guy?) maybe.
Good move by the club though. Athlete who's already proven he can play the game at a high level, so it's not like you're trying to completely reeducate some rugby player or something.

Lol @ Blitz.

Good move IMO, we get someone with elite athletic qualities, who also has a solid foundation in football for no draft pick and an alternative list spot. Hope it works out for the guy.

Lol @ Blitz.

Good move IMO, we get someone with elite athletic qualities, who also has a solid foundation in football for no draft pick and an alternative list spot. Hope it works out for the guy.

Im 26 who still competes in 800 & 1500m (his PBs are impressive) i love bombers and i run - can i have a shot, i played footy until 18. 

A Bombers supporter, motivated, just adds optionality to our list…

Make it Rayner.

People are complaining that we picked this guy, yet only few knew that we even had this option. Personally, I would have gone after a WWE fighter, but thems the breaks!

People are complaining that we picked this guy, yet only few knew that we even had this option. Personally, I would have gone after a WWE fighter, but thems the breaks!

I was thinking the Bogut would look good at CHF in place of Davey.

Why don't we ever take a risk?

Shades of Barry Besanko from the Davis years.  Would tuck the ball under his arm and run like the clappers and no one could catch him.

The drawback was he only got it about three times a game.

Still nothing to lose by giving him a go.

Suspect Barry Besanko is the fastest player over 100 to have ever played AFL/VFL. I do remember watching him in the ressies at windy hill a few times, and one day he got it quite a few times. Was hilarious watching him go with blokes unable to get close. Was like he was another species.

Yeah, you would have thought they'd try and target an athletic freak from another code who looked to have some skills that would tranfer over. This isn't the most audacious move ever made.

Audacious in that it's close to the line. An 'alternative' that was named in a TAC aussie rules team of the the year a few year ago and nominated for the draft a few years ago is closer to mainstream for mine lol - good move imo

And I agree - nothing to lose, and sounds like he has a pretty decent background in footy too.

Lol @ Blitz.

Im 26 who still competes in 800 & 1500m (his PBs are impressive) i love bombers and i run - can i have a shot, i played footy until 18. 

I don't know, ask Dodoro like Rayner did.

Deckheads to whoever is complaining. The guy obviously has some football talent, he got named in the tac cup team of the year FFS.

Great move by the club, thinking outside the box. Last time we did this was with Jenkins and he is already a quality AFL player.

I like free stuff.

Wow that is thinking outside the box. Great to see given our draft penalties. Sounds like he has a little pedigree as well.  I hope we are going to sound out all of our supporters to find willing and able potential recruits.  

If he can do anything like Blicavs did off the Rookie B list we will be singing Dodoro's praises for years to come. 

I was surprised with how quickly Blicavs adapted to AFL - looked a bit out of place early but was a very useful player from a couple of months into the season onwards. If this guy can get to the same level it's absolutely worth it and if he doesn't well we've hardly lost anything by giving him a go.