Welcome to the Club - Daniel McPherson

Hmmm.

Iirc, @Aceman had info out of North that McPherson was part of the problem in their footy department. May or may not be the full picture, of course. But gonna be interesting how this plays out.

Oh gooooood

2 Likes

presumably we (recruitment firm?) did its due diligence…

That sounds about right for this club

1 Like

I’m hoping Scott had a say.

How about we give a bloke who was well regarded at Melbourne leading up to, and during, their premiership run a chance to show his worth at EFC?

The ‘failed’ / ‘was a cancer’ at North talk may prove to be correct, but by the same token who knows what the hell was going on at North, they are more of a rabble than us.

4 Likes

This club is already terminal. Adding another cancer won’t affect it.

1 Like

Im backing him in

We have no choice

Buuutt, did he ever play for us???

So you’re saying this role was advertised internally first

The club is making it harder for myself to find next year’s scapegoat for when our season falls apart. So many choices.

1 Like

It’s the Monty Burns principle, have every disease known to mankind but creates a perfect balance

1 Like

Was McPherson in charge of picking up the slack for Mahoney at Melbourne too??

And who cares what social media thinks!

If they had appointed him 12 months earlier we’d be lauding him, thinking we’ve achieved a coup. Viney squeezing him out shouldn’t be reason for alarm. I haven’t heard any scuttle but indicating he was a poor performer at the Demons.

He was regarded as one of the best up and coming Footy Managers 12 months ago. The Kangaroos have been widely regarded as lacking support and experience in its football department, it could be argued in his first season there he lacked support and experience around him. At Essendon, he arrives at a vastly better resourced footy department under an experienced football manager. Let’s see how he performs in a better environment.

5 Likes

Fixed

1 Like

I think we got the wrong one :rofl::rofl::+1:

I don’t know if I put much stock in the comments from a first year player who was the epitome of entitled and unprofessional, and from club officials who were, at least in part, responsible for the fetid swamp-like culture at norf

11 Likes

You don’t go a lot on the roos then? :smile: