What annoys you? Extra time

I would pay reasonable money to see a montage of your inflight expressions :grinning:

2 Likes

Getting done speeding while overtaking a slowcoach :confounded:

1 Like

Slowcoaches who drive 20km or more below the speed limit should be taken out and shot fined heavily.

1 Like

Well, I must give some context. First, I was speeding. My Bad!
On the motorbike in 34 degrees in boots, jeans and jacket, which I ALWAYS wear because, y’know, it’s safer. Stuck behind a car for 5 minutes doing 40-45 in a 50 zone, outer Brisbane backroad through acreage properties. I was steaming like a dim sim with no airflow around me, had to pick my kid up from school in an hour and I hadn’t had lunch yet. There’s a small window of opportunity to legally overtake (broken line), but I wanted to make sure I got past safely so I gave it a squirt. There’s Mr ‘Highway Patrol’ sitting 100m down the road just waiting for a sucker like me (highway patrol in 50 zone, lol). He asked if there was any emergency, I said ‘no but…’, and he was having none of it whatsoever thereafter. I’ll take a rap for speeding - to be honest I probably would have been doing 60-65 in the circumstances given a clear road. What annoys me is the speed gun got me at 76 during the 5 second overtake. Don’t know about Victoria, but that ain’t cheap in QLD.

1 Like

It is even worse when they get to a passing lane and miraculously find their accelerator. They should be shot or fined twice.

4 Likes

Today I was the proud recipient of a $370 speeding fine. 63 in a 50 zone. I thought it was a 60kmh zone - it’s a main street (Francis St, Yarraville). So there’s an example.

That’s around what I was expecting. Nope, $646 for moi, plus 4 points. Had zero points. Do it again in the next 12 months (which I won’t) I’ll have a licence sanction too (double pts). Grrrr.

And BTW ‘highway patrol’ man, get on an actual farking highway and ping some actually dangerous tailgater etc.

1 Like

Sheet, when did that change down to 50?

It was a 60 zone until recently as were Melbourne Rd and Mason St Newport. I’ve got that exact fine, 63 in a 50 zone that looks like a 60 zone. Changed a year or 2 ago @Hoffy, COVID lockdown time messes with my timelines, it could be 3 years ago.

2 Likes

farkin basterds

I had just cleared up my points debt.

I hadn’t had a speeding fine for 25 years and they got me with this crap. It’s silly, wide roads with good lines of sight, they’re totally safe at 60.

2 Likes

If you haven’t had a fine in 3 years, you can write a letter and see if you get the fine reduced.

4 Likes

The gap between the centre console of your car and the driver’s seat.

Drop something in there and it’s the ■■■■■■■ Bermuda Triangle.

And when you do find it, rip your hand apart trying to get it out.

13 Likes

Ms Koala: “WOOHOOOO! holidays start after tomorrow. Norfolk Island here we come!”

Universe: “I’m bored. Time for a tropical cyclone. Now where should I send it? hmmmm…”

9 Likes

There’s some fabulous little slot in storage options that will fix that problem forever. Not expensive. You’re welcome
:grin:

2 Likes

Was thinking about you when I saw cyclone news re Norfolk, hope it’s gone by the time you get there.

I have friends heading to New Zealand Monday, where the cyclone is heading. They asked me a while ago if I wanted to go with them, thank goodness I said no.

1 Like

Sent someone out to buy me some WD40

They got me ‘low odour’ WD40.

WTF? The scent is the best part!

4 Likes

Upgraded device, new charger incompatible with every other device.
I only have one that works on another device. A fluke as two different brands.
The EU was going to introduce consumer laws to standardise.

they have. in effect 2024

unfortunately aus isn’t in the eu, and we’re not a big enough market to warrant special treatment

2 Likes