What annoys you? Extra time

We’ll just get it cos economies of scale.

As much amusing as annoying, but what is it with people and 80 zones? The most unobserved speed limit in my experience, people (usually blokes) seem to ■■■■■■■ hate them and plough by at about 95. But observe (more or less) 60’s, 100’s, 110’s.
I’m thinking more about the freeways here, like the Calder, and not built-up areas.

Rules don’t exist on the Calder between Keilor park drive and the thunderdome

3 Likes

Price freeze on AFL tickets to the MCG & Marvel Stadium.
How much is the price going up for everyone else that wants to watch football?

UK could be in the same boat except for Nothern Ireland, as with global roaming charges.

Telstra shop trying to flog an IPad cover for $97 for a new model.
Tells the customer covers for the old model won’t fit.
Old and new models are exactly the same size, including width, depth and length
Couldn’t be consumer deception…

There’s two spots I drive through that go 60-80-60 or vice versa

The number of ■■■■■ who do an infuriating 70 in the 80 zone… then (confusingly) continue to do 70 through the 60 bit…

2 Likes

farkin ridiculous and one of my great pet peeves.
Australia - The Stupid Country

Bet they moved the location of the buttons.
Or the camera lens, etc

1 Like

FFS! Would it kill these guys to write a half-decent cover letter???

As per you’re requirements i do have experience in xxxxxxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxxxxxxx but to a very basic level but i have the drive to work in this industry to learn and grow because opportunities like this aren’t often available and it’s been a dream of mine to live with my aunt in Melbourne since she’s a citizen there and work to build my career in xxxxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxxx i also what to complete a proper xxxxxxxxxxxxx course there along side of working with the company I’m good at multi tasking and i hope i get the opportunity to prove it thank you for your time hope to hear for you soon.

4 Likes

what

the

■■■■

2 Likes

More than half the cover letters I read are of this standard. Then the resume is of professional standard. Because I am obviously not going to notice the difference…

Professionally written CV - can be used for any job application.
Self-written cover letter - needs to be custom-written for the application in question.

See it all the time.
It’s useful actually. I generally need someone who can put together well-written, legible documents, reports etc. so the minute I see a badly written cover letter they’re straight in the “NO” pile.

You need a quick and dirty assessment to quickly sort through 100-odd applications. The “cover letter test” is exactly that…

1 Like

Until they start using ChatGPT to edit their document…

3 Likes

Exactly why I specify that a cover letter must be included :slight_smile:

Also - if they are not smart enough to get someone to write one for them, well, ‘no basket’.

1 Like

putting all relevant information into a single sentence shows a keen eye for efficiency. worth an interview at least

4 Likes

I have a call tomorrow about a role at another organisation. Yikes.

2 Likes

Ohhhh that’s a big deal, you’ve been there a while yeah?

Same industry?