What annoys you? Extra time

Ha, not as persistent as him…

Their business plan is to stay on the line with you until you hang up first so they have the maximum chance of getting a deal out of you. I used to answer the phone and when they did their pitch I would tell them I would go get my mum or dad to talk to them (I was in my thirties and hadn’t lived with my folks since I was 18), leave the phone on the bench and go back to what ever I was doing before they rang. Occasionally I would go back to the phone and ask if they were still there and tell them that my folks were on their way, then place the phone back down and go back to the TV. They give up eventually.

Now I just cut them off and say “I’m not interested, this number is on the Do-Not-Call Register, and don’t call again”. If you don’t specifically tell them to not call again, they won’t take your name off the list and will just keep calling you back.

1 Like

On annoying phone calls, decades ago I lived in a share house in St Kilda where the phone no was one digit different than a pizza delivery place and a different digit away from that of a st kilda house of ill repute. So we’d get loads of errant calls.

One of my housemates when bored would ask the prospective customers if (pizza callers) they’d like to try the rat-meat pizza special or whatever he dreamed up, or (for the other set) exactly who or what they were hoping to procure, and for any caller he’d make his discussion progressively more monty pythonesque/absurd until they eventually twigged and hung up. Was more entertaining than TV.

3 Likes

That is a figuratively amusing post.

2 Likes

What really annoys me is any ad on the radio or TV where the voice is shouting quickly at me. When I am home I always mute the ads, but I’m not always home.

When I go shopping I follow this credo: If you remember the ad, don’t buy the product.

2 Likes

It always blows my mind when I see what used to be a ‘big’ car driving down the freeway next to today’s cars. Things like Kingswood station wagons - look farkin tiny!!

4 Likes

Channel farking Seven NOT shifting their post game bullshit to 7 two or Mate, & putting Joker @ Wimbledon on the HD Channel ASAP.

#Flogs!!

More disturbs than annoys, but that Skoda Black Velvet ad.

Noooope.

TV comedians who think by shouting at you, then it is suddenly much funnier (or funny at all)

5 Likes

That’s Dave Hughes career

9 Likes

Comediennes who think they’re funny just cause they’re very fat.

This seems to be a recent thing and maybe just a baseball thing, but fans howling like wolves. So many do it, in multiple parks. It ■■■■■ me.

1 Like

Is it just me or are most of the comedians now in Australia about as funny as a bout of the clap?

4 Likes

There are very few decent ones. I find the only ones who are funny are the ones who do it as a side gig almost and they are just very witty.

Think it is mainly an american thing and yes, it is ■■■■■■■ annoying.

You’ve got an STD? That is absolutely hilarious, so I agree!

“Hello, … I’m (insert name here) from the Family Peace Foundation…”

Fark right off.

2 Likes

Hamish McLachlans head.

1 Like

Good comedians aren’t on TV

1 Like

TV is not the best way to watch standup.

It’s like watching a band at a festival or stadium gig, or watching footy from the MCG top deck.

I’ve ranted about games at Carrara before and I’m going to do it again. With today’s game the only chance Bombers fans in Brisbane have to see their team this year without travelling interstate, the AFL goes for a 4.40 Sunday timeslot. Then they advertise ‘kids go free’. Well, no. Actually, kids in Brisbane’s north get to sit in a car for 3 hours for the return journey, plus get to take a farking shuttle bus to and from the stadium, then - if they’re lucky - get to bed at about 10pm on a Sunday night. Fark you AFL. If there MUST be games scheduled at such stupid farking times, would it be at all possible to have them at grounds where people at least have better access and transport options? And NO, I’m not moving to farking Logan, nor anywhere near it. Fark you AFL, and Fark Carlton.

6 Likes