What Annoys You More

I think you might be becoming sensible.

You should feel fortunate, it doesn’t happen for everyone, …

4 Likes

Gym shirts that retain sweat smell.

Seriously not a problem with cotton, only synthetics

1 Like

Yeah cheap synthetic gym/sports gear is almost always crap.

I go cheap cotton, or decent brand (Adidas or Nike) synthetic

It’s an expensive Nike get up. Got a similar adidas one which is actually pretty decent.

Yep. Preach, brother. May they all burn slowly in hell.

2 Likes

Humblebrag alert!

2 Likes

I hate how I keep splitting my gym singlets when I pump iron. One minute they’re nice and snug fitting then next… Flex! and they’re farked. If only my huge muscles where more pliant.

5 Likes

I don’t have that problem since I switched to elasticised singlets/tanktops.

You should give them a go.

Oh, ta mate!
I’ll show them off to you next time we’re pumping all that iron in the gym.

Phhhfftt, … yeah sure mate.

When was the last time we could even spot each other at the Gym for all the Honeys surrounding us?? :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Exactly.
Getting a little bit tired of it, to be honest. Don’t these chick’s understand how important it is to maintain our edge?

2 Likes

are you two ok, would you like some alone time?

5 Likes

Just on BCO- was a huge fan and to this day never understood how they didn’t achieve global domination. Guess there’s a story in that somewhere…

A combination of self-sabotage, record company meddling and other things.

In the early 90’s I did a couple of weeks’ work experience at Metropolis Studios in South Melbourne. Who should be there but BCO doing some recording for their 3rd album. The songs (which I now have copies of) were fantastic and would have almost certainly taken them to INXS-type levels. They had Jimmy Iovine (very powerful US mover & shaker) ready to produce.
What did they then do? Took themselves off to LA, dumped all those songs, lost a key member (Richard Pleasance), wrote a bunch of vastly inferior songs (which appeased the record company) and released a really ordinary, overproduced US-orientated third album which didn’t sell. Momentum killed right there… The subsequent albums were their equivalent of a U2/Achtung Baby or Radiohead/Kid A style reinvention which alienated existing fans and didn’t win new ones, and that was pretty much that unfortunately…

Not the first (nor last) band to suffer that fate…

1 Like

Are they on YouTube? My interest is piqued.

Not on Youtube, but they’re now mostly up on their Soundcloud page (https://soundcloud.com/boomcrashopera).

Look for the songs Dreaming Up A Fire (91 version), Change, Cheated Out Of Heaven, Isn’t It Love, Change, Down To The River, Skies Were Blue. There’s a handful of others which they’ve never released in any form…

If you’re familiar with their ordinary 3rd album, do a compare and contrast - it’s a no-contest…

2 Likes

Cool, thanks.

Even the version of Holy Water (never a great song in any form…) they did in these demo sessions crapped all over the finally released version…

Saw a guy jogging recently sporting an old style Golds’s Gym singlet with the extreme shoulder cut outs. You know the type that are a bit like a g-string for your back?

I don’t know who that guy was but I like him.

Delayed flights. Hurry the fark up.