What annoys you?

Make sure it is the recycle bin.

The first case would be active, while the second would be passive.
I’m making this up.

1 Like

Oh, it’s definitely actively passive aggressive. Indeed.

WTF?

Being awesome.

I was born in the late 70’s, so a failure to buy into the above possibly confines me to the scrap heap of being “old”, especially when I think about how uneasy it sits with me when some young un’s (sometimes on social media) proclaim: “Oh, I’m just being awesome” or “Just seeing how much awesome I can squeeze into my own lifetime”. Variations on the theme.

Now, part of me takes this as being light, fun, perhaps quite innocuous and throwaway to an extent. We’re all due our own personal pats on the back from time to time, a restoration of self esteem or a little show of personal pride, personally I choose to remind myself in quiet. However those announcing it to the world quite regularly and how common it seems, is a sign of the Positive Psychology school of thought gone nuts.

Frankly though, a larger part of me feels the frequency of this I’m awesome business is pretty farked. If one had declared oneself with confidence as “awesome” when I was growing up, one could be expecting either ridicule, a beating or perhaps both. More than likely the former, being awesome it seems was perhaps something you’d earn from others more spontaneously.

“This is probably a matter to discuss offline”

Secondary meaning

“You two morons have been arguing this point on and off in these meetings for about a month now, and we’re all getting tired of your BS. Sort your ■■■■ out somewhere else.”

2 Likes

I wonder if it’s an indirect response to tall poppy syndrome?

YOLO fam.

Those who know don’t talk. Those who talk don’t know- Lao Tzu

We didn’t need to say it, … we just were.

If you need to keep shouting to the world how awesome you are, . then clearly in reality, … you’re not.

It’s like those that feel the need to talk endlessly about something, & try to prove how knowledgeable about it they are, … 90% of the time you find they’ve never actually done it, … and the more they rave, … the more likely that is.

If only I could think of a pertinent example here …

1 Like

Sitting around even longer at the farking airport because your freaking flight is delayed.

Very annoying when idiots in media use “secretive” instead of “secret” especially about objects not people.

1 Like

An empty vessel makes the loudest sound…

1 Like

Dwayne Russell

2 Likes

A combination of increasing narcissism and declining attention to proper use of the English language. Ironic (there’s another one)!

1 Like

These things annoy me:

Akshey
Arks
Probwey

Context:

I akshey arksd him, and he said “probwey”

2 Likes

somethink wrong with that?

1 Like

Narp,… Nuthink.

Hoh my gawd, … I litrully wen over da moon wen I heard dat man, … LITRULLY!

Hunting for Marvel Discs at swap meets for the Billy jnr. ■■■■■■ annoying looking for the rare ones.

1 Like

People complaining that the lyrics in Lou Reed’s Walk on the Wild Side are ‘hurtful’ to the transgender community.

If only Lou were still around to respond to that.