What annoys you?

What about Basque?

No, it was Peter Roebuck.

I lolā€™d

It was attributed to Brian Johnson, but there is no record of him actually saying thatā€¦ There is definitely the Johnson one of Neil Harvey standing at square leg (?) with his legs apart waiting for a tickle.

?At the spelling?

The quote is decades old.

[Johnston himself claimed he didnā€™t recall saying it, but said that a listener wrote to him saying he should be more careful about what he said on air.]

It was part of a question on Pointless the other day.

Fill in the missing word from 5 memorable sporting quotes.

ā€œWelcome to Worcester where youā€™ve just missed seeing Barry
Richards hitting one of Basil Dā€™Oliveiraā€™s balls clean out of the
ground.ā€ Brian Johnston

4 Likes

And, when the ball brushed Bothamā€™s leg and Aggers said that he didnā€™t quite get his leg over. Agnew and Johnson totally lost control of themselves for the rest of the session.

Thatā€™s a kind of soup, isnā€™t it?

?Que?

2 Likes

So, I get the ā€˜No Junk Mailā€™ sign for the letterbox but what still arrives in the Melbourne magazine or whatever itā€™s called which regularly goes straight into the bin. Someone can call me out on this if Iā€™m wrong but isnā€™t it pretty much just a publication for real estate advertising amongst many others therefore a virtual form of legitimized junk mail?

1 Like

Thereā€™s nothing virtual about it.

Like, itā€™s like a virtual thing and I was like literally virtual.

1 Like

Itā€™s literally virtually the same.

1 Like

ā€œNo Unsolicited Mailā€ may work better - no one thinks their mail is ā€˜junkā€™.

Good call, cheers.

Women who take 4hours to get ready.

Wife is going out to catch up with a ex-colleague from work in the city. I said no worries Iā€™ll get the kids ready for bed.

She started getting ready at 2pm and still not ready at 6pm while Iā€™ve been busy trying to wrangle 2 kids under 4 most of the day because she wanted to take her time getting ready.

She fails to see how I could be ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  off with her.

If she has curly hair and needs to straighten it, it takes a fair while. I can attest to thatā€¦

Thatā€™s the hidden danger with having kidsā€¦ you have to look after them :smile:

7 Likes