What annoys you?

Also you can’t go into hospital and expect home cooking!

Of course not, just make it palatable.

1 Like

If only they could cook!!

2 Likes

The effort put into developing standards is admirable, just that they are not always applied at the end point,. When you get a bit of utterly limp or slimy lettuce without the slightest taste, it is not enough to tick the box that a salad has been provided as part of a balanced diet, or, when your knife bounces back when you try to cut an omelette made from powdered egg …
, Perhaps you are getting to taste something a bit better and younger than a patient I am not a fussy eater and will eat just about anything to match my appetite, but it has to be capable of being swallowed and digested.
Not complaining about the portions served, if anything they can be over generous.
And I am not going to do any more surveys if I am the slightest bit critical or suggest alternatives I get shot down in flames told I am being unreasonable and get told the status quo is the only way to go, or that my direct experience counts for nothing.
As to the 28 day cycle it is all a blur to me. More like a three day cycle,
I am not knocking the public health system, it has done a great job and in severe health circumstances and post operative follow up and support it is way ahead of private,

Gahh, I hate how government departments insist on documents formatted in word! They always look so clunky, especially the tables. But I digress.

That’s actually a fascinating read, interesting that portion sizes were designed (or at least displayed) to meet societal expectations of a “reasonable serve”. Seem to remember that dietitians and the general public have differing views about what a reasonable serve looks like.

Haha

I used to work there back in the old days.

On late night shifts when I first started, we would eat at the RMH caff. Over several visits, I noticed that no matter what the choice was - from goulash to “fresh” salad - it would all taste the same.

The food went through some process where all flavour was extracted and replaced with the RMH taste®

1 Like

Food served in public hospitals in Hong Kong is at a different level - Congee, congee and more congee - Locals have trouble digesting the food.

In Italy, it used to be the case that families brought in the food.

In a lot of countries that is still the case. They are perceived as poor countries who cannot afford decent support for sick people.

This perception must be changed because it is clearly superior to the penny-pinching, grind-them-into the-dirt, neo-feudalist, economic rationalist, neo-cons, or whatever else you want to call those bullshit artists stealing money from the public purse to deliver inferior services.

“Western countries” have been misled by this Thatcherist-Reagonist-Howardist etc-ist bullshit for decades, That is the great source for the discontent that has led to so much political turmoil in so many countries around the world.

Things will keep getting worse until someone can stand up against the billionairs, their captive media, and their pet politicians who keep pushing this propaganda.

1 Like

Back in the last century, worked at Uni Melb, and with another guy, we would don our cleanest lab coats, borrow a stethoscope and eat at the Doctors Dining Room at RMH. Best food in Melbourne and all free.

Was over six months before they worked out we were gate crashers

5 Likes

Got rear-ended last night.
And not in the fun way.

Post retracted for perceptual noise cancellation.

Kevin Spacey in Melbourne?

No, but…

1 Like

Toyota Camry, or late model Merc?

Might have been a Camry, now that you mention it.

That Tracey Holmes The Ticket is on ABC News Radio and not on ABC Grandstand. Do I detect Bambi Whately’s influence?
Because it is on News Radio, News gets priority, program often gets truncated and starts late.
The podcast is available after the event but does not get publicised the way other ABC podcasts are promoted and can be difficult to track down.

Ummm I’m not sure how you define difficult… but typing abc the ticket into google brings this up

http://www.abc.net.au/newsradio/programs/theticket/

Or there’s this…

http://www.abc.net.au/newsradio/podcast/THETICKET.xml

I know how to access it through
shortcuts but it does not get promoted on the ABC podcast site, unlike that Santo Sammy and Eddy footy podcast.

Yeah I think most people simply subscribe to what they want to listen to. Tracey, herself does a pretty good job of promoting it via twitter.