What annoys you?

Even without a clash jumper

Demerit Points.

I am a good driver and safe driver and obey speed limits but the changes in speed zones means mistakes will happen.

12 points (4 speeding offences) over 3 years is antiquated and of an era when there was 1 speed limit.

I have 3 offences in the last 6 months where Iā€™ve had the speed limit wrong and now Iā€™m 3 points off losing my license!

Never had a demerit point. Lived I areas where the speed changed yearly.

12 points @ 4 offences means that you were driving at least 16kph over the specified limit. Maybe drive a little more on the consevative side?

Then again - I am constantly at close to 12 points - and my demerits are only ever 1-pointers. It is always ā€˜under 10kph on a freewayā€™.

Iā€™ve done the ā€˜3 months suspension or donā€™;t get another one in a yearā€™ thing 4 times now.

You should drive around rural France. They have speed cameras built into the Speed Signs as you drive into a village. The problem is that they put the signs which basically go from 80 kmh to 30 kmh in places where you cannot see them until you are on top of them.

I got 6 in one day during my last visit to France, and of course I didnā€™t know until the Rental Car company sent me their bills for ā€œprocessingā€ these fines. The fines came to my home in the mail some weeks later; they were only about Euro 15 each so I paid them. I asked my French colleagues about them and they told me that the money raised goes directly to the Village for services etc. , and that as they as so low everyone pays them.

Actually seemed like a good idea, but now I am much more careful driving anywhere in Europe.

1 Like

Speed camera in speed sign - brilliant.

I got 3 for doing 50 in a 40 on Rathdowne Street.

Coming out of the city where it is 40 I thought it was 50. Seems Rathdowne is the only outlet street at 40 and it isnā€™t posted til over the hill.

When I was pulled over the Police asked me how fast I was doing and I said 50 thinking I was all good. They had a line up of people they had pulled up.

Seriously in 25 years of driving Iā€™ve had one fine. Never on a freeway or anything like that.
But now itā€™s ridiculous.

Just saying Iā€™m not condoning speeding, but mistakes happen.

1 Like

In 25 years of driving you have never been caught perhaps ?

No. As I said, Iā€™m a good safe driver but with speed limits changing all over the place mistakes happen.

In my car my SatNav has speed limits displayed. After 2 years itā€™s already out of whack with everything changing constantly.

So Iā€™m on a bad streak of 3 mistakes and despite a very good record Iā€™m in a position where one more mistake in 2 1/2 years and I lose my license.

Humidity. Not keen on it at all.

I got done coming into Winchelsea from Geelong in 2016. My SatNav didnā€™t warn me, and I got stopped by a cop saying Iā€™d been doing 100 in an 80 zone. I hadnā€™t even seen the 80 signā€¦I saw the 60 sign and slowed down quickly, but too late. 3 points and 300-odd dollars.

Winchelsea had been a construction zone for 2 years and all sorts of speed signs.

Another 3 points was coming into Lilydale at 11 on a Saturday night. 100 on the Maroondah Hwy, then as soon as you hit Lilydale, itā€™s 50ā€¦I hadnā€™t seen any 80 or 60 signs but I had slowed right down coming into a built-up area. Those 3 points should disappear in February. That should get me down to 5 or 6 points and relative safety.

People who put a lid back on bottles but donā€™t tighten them. I go to shake the bottle and ended up covered in fruit juice and on another occasion tomato sauceā€¦

3 Likes

Should go well with your hot ganipganaps though.

1 Like

Sure youā€™re not being pranked?

Itā€™s 80km/h for a good 1-2km (where thereā€™s the car dealerships) then 50 when you get into the main shopping strip. Actually it gets down to 40 for a bit, Mrs P got done there, turned left onto the main road between the last speed sign and the camera just after it changed.

Surely you trusting the satnav is the problem?

1 Like

Wellā€¦they got me for 15-30 over the limit, so I assume I had slowed to 80 or less. Otherwise it would have been a lot more expensive. It was nearly 3 years ago.

Lot of ā€˜safeā€™ drivers around here that are particularly unlucky.

1 Like

I speed.
I do 85 in 80, 105 in 100, regular.
Donā€™t get done though.