What annoys you?

What’s happened to tow trucks clearing Clear Ways?

Every night coming home along High St, several idiots are just parked there going about their business.

Civil Compliance seems to swing by and dish out fines, but what’s the point of it being a clear way if they don’t clear it?

3 Likes

Losing your wallet.
Looking everywhere for it.
Giving up and cancelling all your cards.
Finding wallet again.

7 Likes

When i get a call from my insurance broker telling me they will be putting up my insurance premium by $40 (it is about $640… so now $680) this year, and its due for renewel.

I said, hang on, isnt that 6.25% thats twice that of inflation and i have never made a claim? then silence. no explanation. and we agreed i would call back later.
Sneaky Fu$%ers Insurance… watch your policies.

1 Like

My car insurance went up $400 one year (with no claims from us)! The explanation I got was “there must have been lots of issues with that type of car in your area” and an offer to drop the price by $20. I went elsewhere

1 Like

It’s a segue to answering the question they want to answer but wasn’t asked.

1 Like

Woolworths banning single use plastic bags but doing nothing about the mountains of plastic packaging of so many of the goods on sale

7 Likes

They’re not doing it because they care about plastic, they just want to sell you bags

3 Likes

HP Laptop suffers hardrive failure after 6 months. Get it repaired under warranty, great. Get it back over 2 weeks later, OK. Open Laptop and works again, great! Open up My Computer and realise the storage space is now 450GB and it used to be 1TB. Not so great. They’ve fixed and repaired the Laptop and replaced it with a hardrive that has less than the space it originally had. FCK

3 Likes

When your ancient timber fence is falling over, you’ve organised quotes, spoken to your neighbour multiple times and they still won’t agree to getting it replaced.

That’s annoying.

1 Like

Save the environment!

(or pay 50c)

1 Like

15 cents in Tassie. No free bags down there.

In Victoria there is an official pathway you can go down to make them. We had a similar issue after the owner offered to attach straps to pull back the fence from the 30 degree lean it was on. We definitely the “proper” request forms and voila new fence agreed too.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve looked into my options.

I cant fault them as neighbours - the wives and kids all get along, kids have play dates etc.

Its just not a priority for him (she wants to replace it) and I dont want to take it further and potentially add some tension.

Im just annoyed he’s being stubborn and knowing that 3 out of 4 adults want it done yet he hasnt agreed.

Ironically its leaning onto their side and presents them the most danger if it falls.

Serve a notice under the fencing act with a quote and if they still hold out do it yourself and then take him to court to sting him for half. If his wife is already on your side serving the notice might just get it done. Pretty sure the magistrates Court web site has good guide on the process

Understand the hesitance to take that approach though given the relationships

Wait until the winds hit this afternoon, then push it over onto his side.

7 Likes

Yeah was going to go with this. I would add doing under the cover of darkness during the night.

That worked on the council tree on my nature strip last Friday. Two branches off and council removed the whole tree that arvo. And the winds were nowhere near as strong as they’ve frequently been, and have been these last two days.

I once acted for a guy who the council prosecuted for taking down a tree on his property without a permit. He’d previously applied for a permit and been denied. Then the tree became mysteriously ill and council issued him a compliance notice requiring him to take the tree down because it was a danger to his property and others. When he took it down they charged him for doing so without a permit. We defended it and ended up settling by paying the permit application fee (rather than the several thousand dollar fine) after counsel produced photos of what looked like drill holes at the base of the tree.

The guy built his car port where the tree was.

I’m done with drinking for the night, mrs says she wants another red, I go downstairs and get one for her, open it and pour one (2 minutes), and she’s in bed with the lights out. I’m on light beers cos I have to take jnr to footy at 8. Fark this, I’m turning the music up. WTF?

Weren’t gettin frisky by any chance were ya? :thinking:

:smirk:

1 Like