What annoys you?

ellipses… every three words…

George is a ripper bloke!

Jason is just another brown nose …

2 Likes

Horse racing, people who watch it, people who attend it, people who have a fleeting interest in it. It’s the most base form of entertainment

3 Likes

I can think of baser forms of entertainment.
Are you sure you can’t?

Wrestling…UFC…and I’m just getting started.

My nephew had a winner at the Valley last night…paid $10.30. Noice!

I, also, picked a winner last night.

I think about them constantly!!

1 Like

Whipping an animal while riding on top of it to make it run faster than another horse is entertainment?

Yeah, I’m not much into horse racing, but I’m fairly sure that they aren’t really hurt., Maybe I’m wrong, I don’t know. I’d rather they weren’t used the way they are…but it’s probably better than beasts of burden, don’t you think?

I couldn’t care less about the pain. Its just a fkg unimaginative means to achieve something.

You think there should be an obstacle course in the middle?

Probably not

Yeah. I do understand the sentiment.
How would you feel, as a thought-experiment, if crops were banned outright?

Sorry, just trying to be imaginative.

My suggested changes to golf didn’t go well with a friend today, either.

I’m struggling to think of a downside to banning the crop in racing, but I don’t really follow closely enough to know. Shouldn’t the handicapping sort it all out? Have they studied the pain/discomfort to the horses?

In a similar (not really) vein, I’d be fine with all forms of hunting if the firearms and bows were banned.
Kill a lion from the safety of a special hide, with a Shotgun + scope, a few 4WDs + 2 paid armed guards + scouts/trackers?? Yeah, nah. Kill it with a stick or your bare hands, and I’ll be impressed.

Even more so for ducks.

1 Like

Seriously, ■■■■ ducks.

Always found chickens easier to catch.

Crops?

What the whip is called.