What annoys you?

I sympathise though, I always hated making the call that a sample hasn’t been labelled correctly or the dreaded haemolysis call.

1 Like

Didn’t put the cap on properly?
Yeah…you’re staying another three hours…

1 Like

yep. i told her to start pulling rank. “oi, i am with child, get up!”

That reminds me of the woman who demanded that a bloke give her his seat because she was pregnant.
Sorry, ma’am, but you don’t look pregnant.
It’s only been half an hour.

2 Likes

3 points if ID! Been drummed into me after being to write it every note. I get the frustration

You are really on your game today.

1 Like

Just back from a fabulous month holidaying.
Suffer in your jocks.

1 Like

Think the rain has cleared and starting a run when the storms start again

Leading all the way and getting done at the line on a $26 horse.
‘I am so smart! S M R T! I’m gonna win! La la la la la. Give me my mon…oh, crap.’

1 Like

I find it annoying when someone tells you the same story more than once.

Yesterday morning at work a guy goes on to tell me about Melb Cup day and how the rain kept him and his family inside. When the sun came out in the arvo he went for a run on the beach.

Same bloke on the same day tells me the exact same story in the arvo.

I find it annoying when someone tells you the same story more than once.

Yesterday morning at work a guy goes on to tell me about Melb Cup day and how the rain kept him and his family inside. When the sun came out in the arvo he went for a run on the beach.

Same bloke on the same day tells me the exact same story in the arvo

28 Likes

My work has this excellent thing where if you’re good at your job then you get to do other people’s work as well.

Farking wankers.

5 Likes

If you carry a bit of meat and feed them they won’t swoop you.

Birds have good sensory skills and facial recognition is one of them and unlike human beings, seldom bite the hand that feeds them.

Thanks mdso for the advice, but I’m vegetarian so that’s not going to work.

My work has recently replaced their “recognition and reward” system with a “recognition” system

Apparently the rewards - 1 x movie voucher per state per quarter - were sending them broke. That and employees were starting to get an expectation of reward, for doing their jobs well.

Last year the company bought an office building that currently has 4 people working in it and 25 empty offices.

So you can see those movie vouchers are the problem.
Cockholes.

2 Likes

You have to put up with swooping unless you get someone else to feed the maggies.

I never get swooped where we live. There are about thirty different kinds of birds who come into our backyard for a feed. Not completely tame which is a good thing but if I am walking down the street, some birds will often walk up close to me. I reckon the word has gone out in the bird kingdom and they are protecting their next feed.

5 Likes

Eerily similar.

I hate corporations, they don’t even exist.

Our use to do that where they chose people written up on a recognition board to get a prize (only 3 people and usually the prize was a box of chocolates). Then it became a just a verbal ‘congrats for going above and beyond in your role’ type spiel.

My wife does this. Constantly. I used to tell her and eventually get annoyed by the 3rd repetition. But now I just skim over it diplomatically and change the subject when appropriate. She forgets she’s told me the story before, besides, she tells me I do the same thing - though I’m sure I don’t. Or rarely do. Maybe I do often, I don’t know. Anyway, what was I saying…yeah…I give her leeway and let her ramble on when she needs to as it seems to be a holding pattern for when she has something important to say anyway…by the 3rd time, though, I might get a little annoyed, or perhaps let her carry on, because the tends to forget things these days.

He said ‘feed them’ not ‘eat them’.

2 Likes