What annoys you?

Monbulk Aquatic Center:

Got told off for not having my 5 year old within arm distance of myself and my 2 year old in the water (when sign says UNDER 5). I pointed this out to then be told that I was in the wrong.

Then got told off for lifting my 5 year old and dropping him in the water. Being told it’s not safe and I was chucking him.

Last straw was when my wife took a photo of him (5 year old) going through the water jets for first time ever with no other kid in the shot) Apparently we need permission and he needs a lanyard to say he can have a photo.

All within 40 minutes. Not to mention she never spoke to the dad taking photos of kids rough playing in the main pool.

She was on the warpath with parents in the kids pool. Even told off someone letting their under 2 year old sit on the ledge whilst being in arms reach.

1 Like

Alot of times it is used to warn on coming traffic when yuou are going around a bend on the mountains

1 Like

Having a slow-motion close up shot of Virat Kohli after every farking ball of the test match. Give it a farking rest.

2 Likes

The traffic flow around DFO Essendon is an absolute disaster. People who designed the roads there should be shot and delisted.

2 Likes

We were saying this just this arvo.
If the place were designed by eager school kids, I could forgive them. The center capacity/car parking space/freeway access - one way in/out - you know, kids.

BUT YOU GET FARKING PAID TO DESIGN THESE AREAS YOU FUCKTARDS!

We’d shoot them and put them on the rookie list.

It’s almost as if DFOs were built at airports to exploit a loophole that exempts them from some planning regulations…

1 Like

Don’t worry - all that’s needed is a plane crashing into it and a mass evacuation disaster, and all will be rectified.

The fact that both the entry and exit for the whole ■■■■■■■ centre is funnelled through a roundabout, is just abysmal. I reckon I saw 10 near collisions while trying to exit today through people’s sheer frustration at not being able to get through it. Surely a couple of lanes flowing in and then out of the centre would have been better than a roundabout?

And you need more than one exit. The place is a ■■■■■■■ disaster waiting to happen.

1 Like

just get rid of dfo.

Does anyone actually believe items are cheaper at DFO than standard shops?

4 Likes

Most are as they are old season stuff.

Coles advertising they’re selling hot cross buns now because it’s summer and it’s/they’re hot hot hot.

Why is everything sans serif these days?

It’s to cut costs on all those expensive serifs.

7 Likes

Yep, I am annoyed but not sure who I am annoyed at.

Replacing my back deck timber with Moulded fake wood composite, it has this really neat clipping system, so in theory you can nearly lay it all out and clip it down.

Well I am having lots of problems with the screws breaking ! Most of the timber is treated structural pine, and I using a low powered battery drill. I suppose I could pre-drill holes, but it seems to defeat the purpose of the clipping system.

Anyway if anyone has done this before and has any advice, let me know.

Predrill for sure. Consider getting a countersink bit that makes a space for the screws head.

Screws sound cheap mate. Either that, or you’ve got the torque on your driver set too high, and are over forcing them when they pull up.

The pine you refer to is called Rougher header, and while seasoned, is nowhere near what you’d call “Hard”, … and should not have any trouble taking the screws.

Pissweak screws have become more and more prevalent in the “Made in China” era, and are a common bugbear these days. Get onto the supplier if it came as a kit, and ask for stronger screws, or replace them yourself if you bought them.

1 Like

He’s not drilling the decking Ham, ( You’re right on if screwing ANY timber deck down though, … even soft stuff :+1:) it’s more like a cliplock roofing system, so he’s screwing down metal brackets, … and as I said, … treated Pine is soft as butter in a Timber grade sense, and should take a screw with ease. … that said, you could try just dipping the screw tips in a light clear oil before screwing @Bacchusfox, … that would probably solve your issues. :+1:

1 Like