What are you looking forward to in 2017?

TIPPA.

Actually going to watch a game live.

I took the year off (still kept my HM membership) but decided not to attend.

Iā€™ll be back in 2017.

why did you do that?

Good question. In 2015 I stopped going to matches as soon as the WADA appeal was announced. I guess I was angry, upset, annoyed etc. What took place over the last few years killed my passion for the game and I couldnt bring myself to attend. I was also (and still am) really p!ssed off at how the AFL has treated us.

This year I didnā€™t miss a match on TV (even when OS I watched at a sports bar).

Now the passion is returning. For the first time in what seems like forever - my Dad and I actually chatted about the list and where its heading. For once the discussion wasnā€™t about the Saga.

Iā€™ve been a paid up member for about 20 years now, looking forward to the future and going back to live matched :smile:

I am biased but Francis is my excitement for 2017 outside of the obvious players returning. Family let me know he has informed the club he won't be taking a break and just working extra on getting 100% fit. Had a rough year of sorts not being match fit at any point and I sense he strongly wants to show people what he can do

Awesome to hear. I was watching him on the replay in the Cats game and I canā€™t say that I recall a player looking so knackered by half time. You could see the pain on his face. Keep working big fella.

Not hating footy/life.

I am biased but Francis is my excitement for 2017 outside of the obvious players returning. Family let me know he has informed the club he won't be taking a break and just working extra on getting 100% fit. Had a rough year of sorts not being match fit at any point and I sense he strongly wants to show people what he can do

Kept hearing that but why wasnā€™t he match fit? Had he been ill or not playing or was he just unfit?

Kept hearing that but why wasnā€™t he match fit? Had he been ill or not playing or was he just unfit?

came to club fat, got injured during preseason, remained fat, played vfl/ seniors, injured, played vfl

hasnt had continuity this season with anything, no doubt if he can remain fit hell get his body in shape

An aggressive angry committed team who doesnā€™t bother to sing the song after each win but instead will just shout out the word NEXT!!!

came to club fat, got injured during preseason, remained fat, played vfl/ seniors, injured, played vfl

hasnt had continuity this season with anything, no doubt if he can remain fit hell get his body in shape

Ok but i dont understand why we recruit someone who isnā€™t fit. Does that not show a lack of discipline or is the standard for kids playing in TAc or whatever a little lower and we fix it when they get to the club?

Ok but i dont understand why we recruit someone who isnā€™t fit. Does that not show a lack of discipline or is the standard for kids playing in TAc or whatever a little lower and we fix it when they get to the club?

Different body type. For me it actually means he has more upside which is even more exciting. Is in an elite environment and has the right attitude. Will be a star.

Iā€™ll be back in 2017.

why did you do that?

Good question. In 2015 I stopped going to matches as soon as the WADA appeal was announced. I guess I was angry, upset, annoyed etc. What took place over the last few years killed my passion for the game and I couldnt bring myself to attend. I was also (and still am) really p!ssed off at how the AFL has treated us.

This year I didnā€™t miss a match on TV (even when OS I watched at a sports bar).

Now the passion is returning. For the first time in what seems like forever - my Dad and I actually chatted about the list and where its heading. For once the discussion wasnā€™t about the Saga.

Iā€™ve been a paid up member for about 20 years now, looking forward to the future and going back to live matched :smile:

Welcome back marky.

Iā€™m looking forward to two things - (i) The Langford smashing it and (ii) some very ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  off opposition fans who will soon learn when they open their smarmy little mouths to complain about draft picks (or whatever) that that we can do ā€œā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  offā€ way better than they can.

Iā€™ll be back in 2017.

why did you do that?

I did too! I became so depressed, saddened and sick with what had gone on with the WADA saga, I needed time away. Iā€™m not being flippant or making light of the situation, but my wife even said the whole WADA thing made me get angry with footy. Youā€™ll see from my activity on this website, I gave footy a complete miss this year (I think I only came back here to comment a week or two ago). I feel really good for it, Iā€™m super excited about next year (not necessarily W/L or finals), but what the side on paper is looking like, and I think its the best the list has looked since 2001.

Trouble is, my wife is close to accepting a job in Europe, so I might not be at many games next year.

Iā€™ll be back in 2017.

why did you do that?

I did too! I became so depressed, saddened and sick with what had gone on with the WADA saga, I needed time away. Iā€™m not being flippant or making light of the situation, but my wife even said the whole WADA thing made me get angry with footy. Youā€™ll see from my activity on this website, I gave footy a complete miss this year (I think I only came back here to comment a week or two ago). I feel really good for it, Iā€™m super excited about next year (not necessarily W/L or finals), but what the side on paper is looking like, and I think its the best the list has looked since 2001.

Trouble is, my wife is close to accepting a job in Europe, so I might not be at many games next year.

Stick fat. If you (and we) are into the footy enough to come and post on a fkn forum every day itā€™s inevitable that the last 4 years would get you a bit down (and sometimes a lot). Iā€™d say 98% of Blitzers have gone through the same. Stay strong and look forward to 2017 when we start rolling kents.

Iā€™ll be back in 2017.

why did you do that?

Stick fat. If you (and we) are into the footy enough to come and post on a fkn forum every day itā€™s inevitable that the last 4 years would get you a bit down (and sometimes a lot). Iā€™d say 98% of Blitzers have gone through the same. Stay strong and look forward to 2017 when we start rolling kents.

Cheers mate. When you get so engrossed in a subject as I had done (to the point of almost doing my own investigation too, I still have all the articles, snippets, reports, findings, press releases in a folder on my computer, even taking notes on my chats with associates of Robinson, pharmacologists and sports scientists that I had acquaintances with - yes, sad I know, but thatā€™s how it got to me), it was all too much. Letā€™s just say after reading Chip LeGrandā€™s book I barely learned anything new, thatā€™s how much Iā€™d ā€œconsumedā€. But now happy to say Iā€™m looking to ā€œconsumingā€ some great wins next year and beyond.

So many things.

The massive crowd and roar in Round 1. When the team runs out, when Jobe gets his first possession, when Jobe gets his second possessionā€¦ and so on.

Having celebratory beers after a win Round 1 with some Essendon supporting friends of mine who Iā€™ve been mates with since school days (so 16-17+ years).

The butthurt of the MSM when we start to do well.

Making the 8 and winning a final.

Most importantly, taking my son (who is currently 13 months) to his first live game, along with my Dad - three generations of Bombers enjoying a pie and chips in the sunshine at the MCG.

Houli_Dooleyā€™s $100 clams landing on the Young & Jacksons bar next September.

The ā€œBest 22ā€ and ā€œWhereā€™s the teamā€ threads heading into round 1. Going to be good discussion.

Francis. Upside is off-the-scale. Recommend he tries boxing ā€œJobe styleā€ over the off-season.

VFL. We may just have a very good VFL side next year, and a lot of our kids are going to be developing there rather than seniors. Good times.

Finals Footy. We are flag contenders next year. Laugh all you want, Iā€™m sticking with that opinion.

Watching the membership numbers and membership drive surpass all expectations.

Iā€™ll be back in 2017.

why did you do that?

And youā€™re obviously staying to watch the footy right? (joke)

Glad to hear youā€™ve come out the other side so to speak. Lets all enjoy the next few years

Jobe Watson and Dyson Heppell reminding everybody just how ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  good they are at playing football.

To the rest of the Comp, I dare you to tag Zaka for the year!

Houli_Dooley's $100 clams landing on the Young & Jacksons bar next September.

Hahaha weā€™re on mate. Defs a man of my word.

Iā€™ll be back in 2017.

why did you do that?

Cheers mate. When you get so engrossed in a subject as I had done (to the point of almost doing my own investigation too, I still have all the articles, snippets, reports, findings, press releases in a folder on my computer, even taking notes on my chats with associates of Robinson, pharmacologists and sports scientists that I had acquaintances with - yes, sad I know, but thatā€™s how it got to me), it was all too much. Letā€™s just say after reading Chip LeGrandā€™s book I barely learned anything new, thatā€™s how much Iā€™d ā€œconsumedā€. But now happy to say Iā€™m looking to ā€œconsumingā€ some great wins next year and beyond.

It all points towards something very disturbing. Thatā€™s for sure.