What should we get with our picks?

1. McCluggage
  2. Powell-Pepper/Bolton
  3. No idea
  4. Absolutely no idea

Pick 1 gives us (historically for midfielders) as close as you can get to a guaranteed good player. That should give us the confidence to swing for the fences with the rest of our picks. We’ve got a good core of solid players at the moment, and we’ve got some great players we’ll need to the replace in the next couple of years. I’d rather go for upside picks with the risk of failure, than go for safe picks and become north.

Unbelievable. They add Deledio and the second best kid in the draft to that side. They are very very good.

B: Heath Shaw - Phil Davis - Nick Haynes
HB: Nathan Wilson - Adam Tomlinson - Zac Williams

M: Lachie Whitfield - Callan Ward - Tom Scully
R: Shane Mumford - Stephen Coniglio - Dylan Shiel

HF: Toby Greene - Jon Patton - Brett Deledio
FF: Steve Johnson - Jeremy Cameron - Rory Lobb

I/C: Josh Kelly - Ryan Griffen - Devon Smith - Jacob Hopper

• McCluggage OR McGrath and Setterfield most likely presuming we don’t bid at pick 1.

FMD. This would have to be one of the most talented and exciting teams ever assembled. It is actually ridiculous. They are going to take some beating.

You know your side is good on paper when guys on the bench legitimately have AA potential

1. McCluggage
  2. Gallucci ( or Berry, Florent or Battle)
  3. Florent (or Hayward)
  4. Rioli
  5. Ruckman??

I really want Gallucci at pick 20 or Florent. I think either of them will add to the outside midfield run.

The first three picks have to be ‘best available’ especially if their mids…inside or outside types. 41…maybe some classy X factor…who can play through the midfield and fwd. If we use a later pick…maybe a taller player who can ruck as insurance for both TBC and Cheesy. That’s presuming Smack gets the lemonade and sars. I’m not sure they want Daniher and Stewart rucking.

1 - Best Available
20 and 29 - Inside Mids
41 - Needs

Willie Rioli at 29 please.

Probably a bit early, but grab him.

According to Bens write up he is projected for 3rd round to rookie…hopefully there at pick 41

3 gun mids and a Rioli and we excuse Dodoro for sipping short blacks the last 10 ten days!

Racist and weird.

Someone who can replace Pears in the calendar. Biggest loss of all.

Willie Rioli at 29 please.

Probably a bit early, but grab him.

According to Bens write up he is projected for 3rd round to rookie…hopefully there at pick 41

3 gun mids and a Rioli and we excuse Dodoro for sipping short blacks the last 10 ten days!

How did that last Rioli go that we overlooked?

You want another reprise of the Myers/Rioli controversy when someone picks him up between #30 and #40?

Would that not be Daniel Rioli? He’s going ok I spose. Still like Parish and Francis though

Someone who can replace Pears in the calendar. Biggest loss of all.

We’ve probably already lost 1,000 memberships and 5,000 calendar sales with his departure.
In the mean time, house fires during the day in the suburbs have increased tenfold

McGrath
Simpkin
Drew
Rioli

Unbelievable. They add Deledio and the second best kid in the draft to that side. They are very very good.

B: Heath Shaw - Phil Davis - Nick Haynes
HB: Nathan Wilson - Adam Tomlinson - Zac Williams

M: Lachie Whitfield - Callan Ward - Tom Scully
R: Shane Mumford - Stephen Coniglio - Dylan Shiel

HF: Toby Greene - Jon Patton - Brett Deledio
FF: Steve Johnson - Jeremy Cameron - Rory Lobb

I/C: Josh Kelly - Ryan Griffen - Devon Smith - Jacob Hopper

• McCluggage OR McGrath and Setterfield most likely presuming we don’t bid at pick 1.

FMD. This would have to be one of the most talented and exciting teams ever assembled. It is actually ridiculous. They are going to take some beating.

Pfft. Given the same training regimes, (and maggots that don’t take vacations paid by Hawthorn) I would back our '85 team to beat them or anyone.

Best player for mid
Speed and flair from the half back and outside mid.
X Factor small forward
Project Tall/Ruckman/Versatile bloke

I have no idea who will fill these roles.

I am still a bit concerned about our rucks; Two have an injury history, although Leuy was great this year, Gach is a long way off and then…perhaps Jimmy Stewart can play a role but not convinced.

My brain is hurting from the possibilities.

Best player for mid Speed and flair from the half back and outside mid. X Factor small forward Project Tall/Ruckman/Versatile bloke

I have no idea who will fill these roles.

I am still a bit concerned about our rucks; Two have an injury history, although Leuy was great this year, Gach is a long way off and then…perhaps Jimmy Stewart can play a role but not convinced.

My brain is hurting from the possibilities.

</blockquote

Smack may survive, if only for ruck backup in the case that leuie and tbell are both injured…

1. Mc Grath : pace, upside, leadership and defensive pressure. Run and spread plus defensive pressure we lack. Will join Zerret and Parish in our midefield generals of the future.
  2. Logue: Griffin Logue was one of the standouts during the athletic testing. The 193cm, 92kg key defender from Western Australia excelled. He finished equal first in the beep test and running vertical jump, top five in the standing vertical jump and 3km time trial and top 10 in the repeat sprints. (Tossed up for Florent here for outside run - The kid has huge upside and Rotham; Modern mobile tall defender with pace)
  3. Kerr: http://footyprophet.com/2016-afl-draft-profile-patrick-kerr/ Have liked Kerr for the last 18 months. In a good system and confidence the kid could flourish. Think Jack Darling (Shai Bolton MAY last this long)
  4. Jospeh Atley - Bendigo Pioneers Inside mid. Adding grunt and inside bias to an inside/outside mide to come through with our outside speed.
  5. who cares

Not a fan of drafting someone because of their athletic ability being the main argument.

Not a fan of drafting someone because of their athletic ability being the main argument.

Joking, right?

GWS biggest weakness is FB / CHB, They need a rebounding tall like Rance, Hurley, Mcgovern, Once they get that it's the best team on paper I've ever seen.

Enter Macreadie

1. Brodie or Clug
  2. Gallucci
  3. Scharenberg
  4. Jackets special
  1. McGrath
  2. Simpkin
  3. Jonty Scharenberg
  4. Larkey
  1. Logue: Griffin Logue was one of the standouts during the athletic testing. The 193cm, 92kg key defender from Western Australia excelled. He finished equal first in the beep test and running vertical jump, top five in the standing vertical jump and 3km time trial and top 10 in the repeat sprints. (Tossed up for Florent here for outside run - The kid has huge upside and Rotham; Modern mobile tall defender with pace)

wow hes tall and can run.