What should we get with our picks?

By my count we now have enough spots available on the list to use the following picks in a 40/4 list split.

National Draft

1. McCluggage
  2. Battle
  3. Berry
  4. Clarke
  5. Lebois

Pre-season Draft

1. Green

Rookie Draft

1. Darcy
  2. Hepp A
  3. Eades

Why would we bother taking Green in the PSD? If we want him, can just sign him as a DFA.

Why would we bother taking Green in the PSD? If we want him, can just sign him as a DFA.

nostalgia.

EZEKIEL FRANK 10/10 name.

Mc#1age Shai Bolton Cedric Cox Little Willie, previously known as Big Willie

But only if we can call him Bug Wullie, with a Scottish accent.

nostalgia.

Is he more Bewick than Moorcroft? Or is he less Bewick and Moorcroft? Or is he more or less neither? Or has the game gone past midget gingers entirely? I feel a bit like Sam Lane and these feel like important questions.

1. McCluggage
  2. Powell-Pepper
  3. Scharenberg
  4. Rioli
  5. Cameron

Rookie
Hepp A
Holmes
someone else

Green DFA

Best available every single pick.

1. McCluggage
  2. Simpkin
  3. Scharenberg
  4. Rioli
  5. Long

Rookie
Hepp A
Holmes
Templeton

DFA
Green

Based on an exhaustive and definitive research period that involved watching the Allstars game and perusing a few profiles and ‘highlight’ vids (yes, sarcasm font engaged):

1. McAntler
  2. Florent (unlikely) / Venables
  3. Cedric / Ridley
  4. No idea. Long? Rioli? Hayward any chance to make third round? HepA?

My opinion on the kids aint worth a pinch of salt. But i think i have a grasp on our current list potential. I really really rate Langers and Laverde. i also think Redman might be a joker in the pack. So i dont think Battle or Hayward would be early priorities.

McAntler for me, with no preseason, 30 possessions per week and goal kicking exploits thrown in seems to be exactly what we need. I’ll be excited whoever we get, be it him, Setterfield, Mcgrath, etc.

id keep looking at midfield types, particularly ones that can carry the footy away from stoppages. Venables seems able to win the ball inside and power through. May not work for him at afl level with stronger bodies but i like him. Florent is different, notionally more outside but in the Allstars game went midfield and found space around the contests. moves ■■■■■■ well and can run the ball. EIther kid suits our needs imo. Possibly Venables has more of what i think we need but Florent looked damn good at what he does.

Then i looked for some defensive flankers. Differing types here. I like hbf’s who are good overhead and Ridley seems to fit that. Cox is more running and creative.

No idea beyond this. It gets too difficult because you need to know what we’ve already done and who slips through. The Benfti thread is always good for inspiration, lol. And Long did kick 5 in a vfl final. And if 41 is our final pick, we could do far worse than HepA imo.

Is there a chance Jarrod Berry will be still there at P20? He seems to have that hard edge to his game and seems to have a good acceleration.

Is there a chance Jarrod Berry will be still there at P20? He seems to have that hard edge to his game and seems to have a good acceleration.

Outside chance only IMO. Clubs love him apparently. Likely gone by about 15 I think.

1. McClug
  2. One of Berry/Simpkin/Florent - whoever’s still available
  3. Scharenberg/Drew
  4. Rioli

Where the hell has this Scharenberg love come from out of nowhere? Haha. Like 3 of the last 4 ‘wants’ lists have got him at 29.

Is this because he has been linked to us or something?

Having watched a few of his games, he does very little for me. This word gets thrown around ad nauseum on here but he is the definition of ‘vanilla’. Not horrible. But just not much to get enthused about. No real standout qualities. I mean he gets the footy but doesn’t seem to have great impact and has average skills and average athleticism.

Prefer others at 29.

I’d love to know how Scarenberg tested at draft camp. He looks to be very lacking in pace?

Where the hell has this Scharenberg love come from out of nowhere? Haha. Like 3 of the last 4 'wants' lists have got him at 29.

Having watched a few of his games, he does very little for me. This word gets thrown around ad nauseum on here but he is the definition of ‘vanilla’. Not horrible. But just not much to get enthused about. No real standout qualities. I mean he gets the footy but doesn’t seem to have great impact and has average skills and average athleticism.

Prefer others at 29.

According to knightmare killed it the SANFL under 18 final

Apparently can’t kick, lacks pace and can only play in one possie

Where the hell has this Scharenberg love come from out of nowhere? Haha. Like 3 of the last 4 'wants' lists have got him at 29.

Prefer others at 29.

According to knightmare killed it the SANFL under 18 final

Apparently can’t kick, lacks pace and can only play in one possie

Do not want.

I'd love to know how Scarenberg tested at draft camp. He looks to be very lacking in pace?
I heard he was in the top 2 percent for worst given name.

You all know that at pick 20 we will pick somebody that has not even been any of our discussion or mentioned by any (amateur) experts anywhere.

Given the premium placed on intercept players who are great users dont be surprised if Luke Ryan is in the mix at 20 or more likely 29.