What the fark was that? - the Mr Robot thread

Yep. Marked as spoilers in the first post.

And yes, for anyone paying attention, that was a subliminal image that was included half way through the ep. And yes, it is an image of what you think it was (I had to do a lot of pausing to see it - it’s about half a second).

Also Sam Esmail is one of his own goons now. So that’s cool.

2 Likes

Do you mean the Angela image?

Oh and btw, talk about ‘going bang!’

What a start

Yep that’s the one. I was beating around the bush but yeah

The internetz thinks she’s not really dead, and that’s the ‘twist’ this year.

I think the internetz are very very very wrong about that. Surely that was the whole reason behind even including the subliminal image, to put that issue beyond any doubt?

1 Like

Tell you what the intro may be the best filmed scene I’ve seen for as long as I can remember.
Camera work and positioning was brilliant.

1 Like

Yeah I agree.

I do love the little meta details in this show. The only music that played the entire episode was background music in the second scene that introduces the dodgy lawyer guy. And you guessed it - it’s a Queen song.

1 Like

Also, I’m 100% behind this revival of Jake Busey’s career.

Fuark when they both notice something off camera and realise what’s about to happen. Brutal.

Well, uh, that was quite something. Having that kid, or whoever he grows up to be, as a third persona surely will give them licence to explain away whatever events have been hidden from the audience. My biggest question is why are Elliott’s personalities meeting in the boardroom where the E-corp baddies were in the very first episode?? WTF?

In other news Janice is probably even scarier than Irving. Certainly more unsettling.

Actually the most unsettling bit was Whiterose standing next to T Abbott in the opening montage!

1 Like

So 4 personas, far out!

Oh man… What a show.

The kid and woman at the end were Elliott and his mum, yeah? It was like a conversation in his head?

My initial thoughts were that Tyrell has to be the third person… But it can’t really be him, because he is publicly the CTO of e-corp.

So maybe it’s us, the viewer? But Darlene didn’t tell us about Vera either.

I honestly have no idea. Leon maybe? But from memory of the last episode of season 3, that’s not really possible either.

Solid curveball. I’m gonna go see if the internet has worked it out yet

1 Like

Elliot (who we always see),
Mr robot,
the kid(he was not referred to as Elliot) and then some other personality/imaginary friend/us the viewer.

I went with tyrell as Elliot in first season but I don’t think that’s right however the first scene of the premiere and last scene of episode is the same room.
Some people think Vera is Elliot’s alt but I dunno.

Now I’m starting to think Darlene is the protagonist and Elliot is who she thinks she is.
My other theory is Elliot, Darlene, tyrell and Angela have been experimented on as kids and the four chairs in the last room were for them and White rose controls them and is ready to implement his plan.

In conclusion im totally confused.

2 Likes

The kid in that final scene was little kid Tyrell, right?

So two questions:

• who is third Elliot persona, and, perhaps more importantly;
  • why is Elliot’s mum introducing the three Elliots to little kid Tyrell, in the ■■■■■■■ E Corp building?

Not for the first time, what the fark is going on?

The kid was supposed to be Tyrell I think. Or am I reading that wrong?

I swear it’s the same kid that played Elliott last week.

I’m probably going to be in the minority but I loved that episode yesterday. Some long overdue character development. It was also genuinely hilarious in lots of parts (Darlene’s early phone call, the drunk Santa, some of the dialogue while the crew was on the endless snow walk).

And was that the blue screen of death at the end? The title of the episode was ‘404 not found’…

2 Likes

I was half expecting one of them to lose a shoe in the snow, a la Paulie.

1 Like

Haha. Yes I think it was partly a tribute to that episode.

The other interesting thing is the credits - which were black on a white background (rather than the standard opposite). People online are saying this is a tribute to a season finale of Lost where they did exactly the same thing. Interestingly, the next episode of that show featured parallel universes…

1 Like