What was your favourite board game? Throwback Thursday

No one brave enough to mention D&D?

Not really a board game though...

Correct. More "bored".

Blasphemy! 

Mind you I can understand people being put off by being thrown into the deep end with long and complex rules. There is a 'simple' version but the mega nerds frown upon it.

It's a shame really.

Did it ever veer into a scrunch or fold discussion?

No but a video was made.... but my friend was fully clothed and not actually going to the toilet..

What was the game that had to be played in the dark in front of a tv screen and you had to put in a video (before dvd’s were around) and a guy who looked like Darth Sidious from Star Wars?

Nightmare?

Chess

Spent a lot of my childhood loosing to my grandfather

Used to play Squatter at a friends house a fair bit.
Played heaps of chess too, and we thought we were pretty good at it until I played someone who actually was...

I had a group of footy-watching, beer drinking, big gambling yobbo mates a few years back, who would have very serious chess tournaments at their Pad.
Saw the greatest hustle ever... And it cost one guy $1500. It was serious stuff.

Does Battletech count?

Monopoly and Scrabble although as expected, Monopoly produced a lot fights :)

Loved Trivial Pursuit when it first came out and I had 3-4 sets of extra questions to keep it interesting.

Also loved Stratego...one of my mates and I could play for hours on end and never get bored.

Yep, Battletech was awesome fun. Also, special mention to Diplomacy and my modern favorite, Absolute Balderdash. The game where you find out just how suggestible to bullshit your friends and their partners are.

Me and big bro used to play test match all the time.  The old man glued the felt pitch to a piece of hardboard and when you hit the ball it just rolled beautifully.

Risk

Now it's Settlers of Catan

same here

I have all the Settler add ons

"Never, ever play Scrabble with someone you like".

Advice to live by.

"Never, ever play Scrabble with someone you like".

Advice to live by.

Never play Scrabble against your wife.  I struggle to find 4 letter words while she seems to have 7 letter words every time.

Played Cluedo on the weekend with the billies. Obviously all the video games they've played have turned them into madly competitive little shites. I never stood a chance.

I had the original Australian Edition Of Monopoly until I donated it to my nephews and niece recently. Was here 30 years.

P1010962.JPGpolls_MattelOthelloBoard_5012_634905_ansSequence.png

Pandemic

So good. So different.

Also not a board game but is our favourite: Dominion.

The only game worth playing!

AdventurousRichFlyingsquirrel.gif

Always used to want this. Never got it though. 

Pandemic

So good. So different.

Also not a board game but is our favourite: Dominion.

Pandemic is really good. There was another one I played around the same time which was about a fire departments having to put out a fire spreading through a building.

I’ve always wanted to play Risk