What was your favourite outdoors school game? - Throwback Thursday

I copped a heath shaw style concussion playing British Bulldog on the oval at high school I was in year 8 at the time and got absolutely wrecked by a year 10 kid about 120kg and 8 foot tall. Smashed my head on the rock hard ground and that was good night

I remember my weedy mate in year 8 throwing a punch in retaliation into the ribs of the school hard ■■■■ in British Bulldogs. Landed a beauty on him. Never hit anyone in his life until then. Everyone stopped and gawked as this big kid was leaned over trying to get some wind back. ■■■■■■ hilarious.

I grew up down the coast, and sure, we played all those games, but hen in year 12 our PE classes were the last 2 hours after lunch, so for most of summer we did surfing. You were allowed to rock up midway through lunch and didn’t have to go back to school to sign off or anything. If there weren’t waves we’d just play beach volleyball or soccer and perv on the tourists.

How ■■■■■■ good was school…

Primary school was marks up, pretty much just taking speccies on eachother. Gum nut wars (like brandy but with those big fark off 2 inch gum nuts).

High school was basketball, cricket or 4 (or more) square.

I grew up down the coast, and sure, we played all those games, but hen in year 12 our PE classes were the last 2 hours after lunch, so for most of summer we did surfing. You were allowed to rock up midway through lunch and didn't have to go back to school to sign off or anything. If there weren't waves we'd just play beach volleyball or soccer and perv on the tourists.
How ■■■■■■ good was school...

Um, that was like us except we were allowed to walk to Maccas. Now I feel like that isn't as good as it sounded...

I grew up down the coast, and sure, we played all those games, but hen in year 12 our PE classes were the last 2 hours after lunch, so for most of summer we did surfing. You were allowed to rock up midway through lunch and didn't have to go back to school to sign off or anything. If there weren't waves we'd just play beach volleyball or soccer and perv on the tourists.

Um, that was like us except we were allowed to walk to Maccas. Now I feel like that isn't as good as it sounded...

Is Maccas a surf spot near your school?

Anyone remember “Two Touch”? You just had to kick a ball against the wall in two touches, and people would be eliminated if they kicked it twice and didn’t make it. You could also get “sharked” if someone kicked the ball at you.

On wet day time tables I renember we used to play black jack on the computer and chess.

Brandy, four square, war ball (version of dodge ball) and elastics.

I ended up playing rep netball when I was older. I think playing brandy and war ball helped because I learnt very quickly to catch a ball or cop a ball in the face!

What the hell is red light green light?

Nah, the junk food outlet unfortunately.

Nah, the junk food outlet unfortunately.

Yeah, lucky for us our nearest Maccas was an hour drive away. Still manage to find the containers dumped in the street / bush land though.

I ended up playing rep netball when I was older. I think playing brandy and war ball helped because I learnt very quickly to catch a ball or cop a ball in the face!

I had to restrain myself from making a lewd joke about you copping a ball in the face.

I had to restrain myself from making a lewd joke about you copping a ball in the face.

tumblr_m503lnJmiH1rx330ro1_400.gif

tumblr_m503lnJmiH1rx330ro1_400.gif

amber-balls-flying-at-my-nose-cher-cluel

Not that I've seen that movie.

British Bulldogs. You could seriously just wreck *****

Yeah, wrecked our own knees and elbows playing on asphalt. We were not bright

We played on the an oval that hadn't seen grass for about 7 years. If you went down you weren't getting up for a while.

We played on the an oval that hadn't seen grass for about 7 years. If you went down you weren't getting up for a while.

Get up, ya pansy.

Or go to a school that has grass.

Asphalt and gravel's good enough for us.

Seriously though, I reckon kids who played footy on grass at school were disadvantaged in junior footy against the asphalt and gravellers.

Get up, ya pansy.

Or go to a school that has grass.

Asphalt and gravel's good enough for us.

Seriously though, I reckon kids who played footy on grass at school were disadvantaged in junior footy against the asphalt and gravellers.

This s*** was harder than asphalt.

I remember a game (dont know the name) where just about the whole class played.

You basically started at the free throw line on the basketball court and had to get your shot in before the person behind you did, if you missed you just followed up and could shoot from anywhere but if the person behind you got it in you were out.  Otherwise to the back of the line and go again.

Just kept going till last person standing, got quite hectic towards the end of the game, fun times.

Lots of good memories in this thread.

We would play 4 square (which was called elimination or 'limo' in our school), but instead of having 4 squares, there were like 25 odd squares, with a line of people also waiting to rejoin in square 25. The games were pretty epic. it took a huge amount of work to get up to the King square, pretty much the only way you could get there is if you formed an alliance with other players and moved through the game as a foursome who all looked out for each other.

British Bulldog got banned after a while , like it did in most schools I'd imagine. But it was awesome.

Huge games of 40/40 were also very common.