What would you do if you were in charge?

Elect me President. I will quickly devole it into an authoritarian regime and commence my work.

9 Likes

Has anyone suggested investing in an e-sports team yet?

1 Like

What are your thoughts on postal voting? (asking for a friend)

4 Likes

Make sure we have the best winter gear before you send us to invade Russia

4 Likes

Mail in votes is out.

I’ll allow absentee votes.

1 Like

North face

Sounds Trumpian

Make an influential media magnate president so we can control the afls agenda and intimidate journos

Flash mob. Bigger and better than anyone has ever flash mobbed before.

1 Like

Winner.

Is that our million dollar coaching panel?

The drinking bird is currently “head of the game plan” … I think he needs a promotion

So business as usual then

I would give Truck one year with the list and bring Gilbert Enoka and Ceri Evans across from the All Blacks and get them to implement their mindset program.

Note: if Clarkson is available I’d take him.

I’d make a hard cut to the list, retain some of the senior talent but make clear policies about playing youth over experience. Have hard conversations with Bellcho, Hooker, Hurley and Zaharakis about playing as depth rather than playing in the firsts or finding new opportunities elsewhere.

I would offer Daniher and Fantasia long term contracts and trade them if they won’t sign. Any fringe players over 25 would be delisted eg Smack, Cutler, Townsend, etc.

1 Like

Why would you offer long term contracts to players with a long history of injuries?

The current mob are likely to do that

2 Likes

I guess you would never get them cheaper than right now. But it would want to be performance based with some out clauses.

Re-record the theme song to add more cowbell.

4 Likes

Get the coaching group together tell Rutten he has the rest of the season as head coach, woosha can pack his bags, thanks for your work. Ask f they need any assistance or other coaches they would like to bring up into the Hub given I just sent woosha packing.

If they require another line coach, Send email to Hird/Sheedy/Bomber/Fletcher/Wellman /Morrocroft/Dean Rioli/.Cyril Rioli to test the waters and see if they’d like to come up and help out in the HUB for the last few weeks of the season.

Tell Rutten that his first move should be to get Mosquito into the side this week, if it isn’t already, fans need something to hang their hats on this season.

Get a deal with the Tassie Govt and AFL where we play 1 game in Tassie a year as a home game but only 5 away games like the pies get each year. All efc members get one free trip on the spirit each year.

Advise Dodoro that his time is up as head recruiter, but that we want to keep him on as list manager and to be a sounding board for the new recruiters - Cal Towmey and Emma Quayle.

Send Benfti, Sheedy Tippa, Twomey, Qayle up to Tiwi and get the best Rioli/purantemerri/Long/Tipingwuti etc to sign up to our academies, with the aim to have at least 3 guys they would confidently call out as a category B selection if not picked in the draft.

Get Xavier to push for a 60/40 split of games at the MCG/Docklands.

Appoint Tim Watson as President/Chair person.

Have a chat with heppell and suggest that he step down as captain next year as he cant get on the park. and will help with the new Essendon reign of McGrath.

Get Canon (printers) on as a sponsor and at home games fire a dummy dressed up as a umpire out of a cannon after a bad decision.

raise some capital for the blitz server.

Give all the saga guys an out if they wish to finish their careers elsewhere. Tell Hurley/Hooker there may be limited opportunities next year as trying to get the next generation of defenders up to speed.

call Fantasia, Daniher, Francis and Mckenna in to see if they want to stay or go. As their decisions effect the list strategy going forward.

Tell the players to be more accessible, encourage them to go on podcasts like lunchtime catchup / Sam mike Don etc spread the brand while in lock down and they cant physically get out intoi the community.

Goddard used to get around the media a bit, but not many from the current group do, apart from their own little shows, If players in contention for AA are in the media more - Shiel/Ridley/Saad they are more likely to get selected and they are the ones people want to hear from.

3 Likes

That’s been his role for a looooooong time.

3 Likes

It’s going back for more.