What's your funniest Essendon story

sitting behind the dees cheer squad and in front of the grog squad one wet, winters afternoon at the G. We’d led all day, could tell the dees fan bois in the cheer squad had had enough of the grog squad, they hit the front late in the game and all of them turned around giving it to all the Essendon behind them.

Then Rioli drops one from 50m in the rain, on the run to put us in front and cue the grog squad and every essendon fan close by completely unloading the fk on the dees cheer squad.

Going back 13 or 14 years, still fills me with pride.

In one of Carlton’s wooden spoon years, Matthew Lappin was kicking out after a behind. He tried to play on and run around Lloydy, but got so far as to toe poke the ball that dribbled along the ground out of bounds without anyone touching it. It gifted Lloydy to get another shot at goal. Big props to Scott Camporeale, Matty Lappin and the great Lance ‘Jelly Belly’ Whitnall for all the great memories of yesteryear

Fitzpatrick getting pinged for time wasting at Princess Park after Neale Daniher was moved to CHF and kicked 3 goals to put us in front. Hehehe still laughing at that one hehehe!

In one of Carlton's wooden spoon years, Matthew Lappin was kicking out after a behind. He tried to play on and run around Lloydy, but got so far as to toe poke the ball that dribbled along the ground out of bounds without anyone touching it. It gifted Lloydy to get another shot at goal. Big props to Scott Camporeale, Matty Lappin and the great Lance 'Jelly Belly' Whitnall for all the great memories of yesteryear

What about Silvagni kicking that worm burner to Dean Rice who greeted it with open legs and let it through to Scotty Lucas who rammed it home in 98.

Also remember a women yelling out ‘go home Carey’ during the second North game in 99 to have an eight year old kid copy her and yell out go home Carey, all high pitched and squeaky.

Nb: Carey didn’t go home, he kicked 10 but Lloyd kicked seven and we won.

The curious incident of Marc Murphy and The Pig at the MCG in 2014.
http://i.imgur.com/k1b8fID.gif

The classics stay funny no matter how many times you tell ‘em.

I prefer the one with Myers and Murphy from later in the same game.

1993 grand final. Silvani to goal umpire: “I touched it, I tell ya, I touched it, I really did touch it… Pretty please? Awwwww… :-(”

still reckon he should have been pinged for throwing it.

My brother and I were teens walking along Buckley St and we saw John Barnes coming towards us. “How’s it going Barnesy!” we called, and he replied, “I think I’m still farking ■■■■■■, fellas,” and continued on his way.

1 Like

I prefer the one with Myers and Murphy from later in the same game.

Fark Carlton always deliver the LOLz.

Watched Number 1 Draft Pick for Tigers … Richard Lounder in a 2nds game against us at Windy Hill.
He had a huge reputation but an even huger gut & I swear was outsprinted by the goalpost at one stage.
We were right on the fence at scoreboard end & Lounder was just stuck in goalsquare fumbling everything & falling over.
Some of the abuse he copped that day was pure gold & whilst I cant recall specific shout-outs I distinctly remember that urine met cloth.
He copped it stupid that day & to my knowledge only ever played a handful of games in Victoria again.
Have seen a few duds play the game at Senior level but NOBODY was as bad as this guy & on this day the crowd that were there let him know it.

And don’t forget that time when we went to their home ground without those three and smashed them by ten goals. Would have been fifteen if Murphy had played…

The day in 1991 when Sheedy tied down the windsock at Windy Hill.

Nothing to say Tinhill??
Pregnant pause me thinks.

Reading the CAS decision was a pretty funny joke…

Me and a couple of mates ended up at Q Bar after a bomber win celebrating way too hard one Friday night when low and behold none other than Ty Zantuck appears in the quite empty bar.
We eventually bumped into him and started chatting. He was shitfaced as were we all at that point, and was celebrating his birthday. This was after he’d left the Bombers mind you.
Me and my brother were busy chatting when our other mate strolled up blind and Ty went to say hi to him. My mate straight up called him a piece of ■■■■ to his face, refused to shake his hand and turned his back on him hahaha!
Ty then asked us to do a shot with him for his birthday. He ordered ■■■■■■■■■■■ Cowboys Bahaha
Funniest night ever

A few years i went and stood with the grog squad, we were getting smashed by the Pies. This gEssendon guy with a shaved head in front of me was going off calling every pie player and every umpire a ■■■■. A Bombers player got done for HTB (was an awful decision), about 30sec later and Essendon player had a pies player caught cold HTB- the ump didnt give it. This guy went off his nut. Ripped the “acceptable behaviour” sign off the concrete wall beside him, stomped on it and threw it in the bin.

One of the funniest things i have ever seen at a game

Great idea for a thread BTW

The day in 1991 when Sheedy tied down the windsock at Windy Hill.
That was not a funny day.