When my baby, when my baby smiles at me I go to Rio

Despite having a decent tournament the Boomers will go home without a medal

Not yet buddy.

Re-group and have a crack at Spain.
Next match, maybe the shots drop.

Are we still in this ? (I know nothing about basketball)

Maybe we’re falling for their trash talk?

I heard these guys are really cutting & sarcastic on court, …that they have a serbic wit …

Mahatmacoat please …

Despite having a decent tournament the Boomers will go home without a medal

Not yet buddy.

Re-group and have a crack at Spain.
Next match, maybe the shots drop.

OK, game gone.

No chance of winning this game.
28 pts in Basketball is like a 10 goal lead in AFL.

Will go into the Bronze Medal game against Spain.

I might have to microwave my boomers card

14 in a half?! Sheesh.

Sheesh indeed.

Epic fails in both of the BMX finals as well, … despite being world leaders and or favorites, having won nearly everything leading up to them.

What the fk is happening to our minds over there.

I was brought to wonder the other day, … is this the result of modern Gen Y style parenting/coaching??

Have this lot been so protected from losing, that they freak at the thought of it when it’s all on the line??

It’s not just Rio, … it’s the cricket team, it’s the rugby team,… it’s the, . Etc Etc.

You have to wonder. We have gone soft under pressure in sport, virtually right across the board over the past decade.

If so, you’d think it’d affect US and GB youth similarly.
Protected from losing is an interesting way to look at it.

Well, thanks Boomers. Now I have Saturday morning free to put my shed together.

You could go all Arthur Jackson and build two sheds.

boomers are in deep poo when they get back to the village, Kitty is not going to be impressed, They’ll be going straight to bed with no dinner tonight

They just got out hussled today. Didn;t help we had nothing fall all game. Still a chance to grab a bronze but Spain will be tough.

2020 looks like a great chance to improve even further though. Should get Simmons, Exum and Maker into the team. Simmons will be a freak by then and will give us a go to guy we really missed. Bogut and Anderson are probably the only 2 from this squad who wont be around for Tokyo which means our core group can keep building together.

Be proud Boomers. Bring on 2020!!!

Maybe this generation just takes the whole “Bronze Aussie” thing, far too literally …

4 of 31 from the 3pt line…OUCH

Out rebounded 43 to 30, and we closed that deficit in junk time.
Our big guys need to do much, much better in the next game.

14 in a half?! Sheesh.

Sheesh indeed.

Epic fails in both of the BMX finals as well, … despite being world leaders and or favorites, having won nearly everything leading up to them.

I was brought to wonder the other day, … is this the result of modern Gen Y style parenting/coaching??

Have this lot been so protected from losing, that they freak at the thought of it when it’s all on the line??

It’s not just Rio, … it’s the cricket team, it’s the rugby team,… it’s the, . Etc Etc.

You have to wonder. We have gone soft under pressure in sport, virtually right across the board over the past decade.

More so some athletes get hyped up by the media and believe their own hype and don’t do the work in the end

Take a look at our Gold Medallists

The Chloe chick this morning … never heard of her before
Rugby 7s women … still couldn’t tell you who any of the team members are even now
Kyle Chalmers … unknown before he won gold
Mack Horton … hardly a huge name and was not expected to win
Tom Burton … wouldn’t know the man if he bumped into me on the street
Gun toting Skinner girl … who’s first name I can’t even remember

only really Brennan/Crow coped with the hype

No chance of winning this game.
28 pts in Basketball is like a 10 goal lead in AFL.

Will go into the Bronze Medal game against Spain.

Expect a similar result against Spain if they put up a effort like today. Just putrid today

Ah well …

So anyway…

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Don’t know her, … but she’s a quintessential Aussie girl, and she’s come out of the clouds to beat the world.

Good onya Chloe.

Interesting story in The Age this morning detailing the ‘teams within the team’ culture at Rio and the inequity caused by the winning edge program. Worth a read.

14 in a half?! Sheesh.

Sheesh indeed.

More so some athletes get hyped up by the media and believe their own hype and don’t do the work in the end

Take a look at our Gold Medallists

The Chloe chick this morning … never heard of her before
Rugby 7s women … still couldn’t tell you who any of the team members are even now
Kyle Chalmers … unknown before he won gold
Mack Horton … hardly a huge name and was not expected to win
Tom Burton … wouldn’t know the man if he bumped into me on the street
Gun toting Skinner girl … who’s first name I can’t even remember

only really Brennan/Crow coped with the hype

Yep.

Actually holds with what I’m saying. Those that are coddled and fawned over … fail.

Those that have to struggle, and make it off their own steam, … are resilient enough of mind to push through.

Doin it tough has a lot going for it.

As EFC will prove again over the next decade or so …

Some quite attractive ladies in the women’s 4x400 metre relay semis. The Europeans mostly for me. However there is something about the young lass who anchored the Australian team that just does it for me.

And a couple of the pole vaulters too.

The pole vault is incredible, isn’t it?? Gets me everytime, … Like “Fk, how do they do that?”… … …especially the girls.

Aussie lass tracking nicely in it too thus far.

Some quite attractive ladies in the women's 4x400 metre relay semis. The Europeans mostly for me. However there is something about the young lass who anchored the Australian team that just does it for me.

And a couple of the pole vaulters too.

The dark skinned girl?( don’t mean to be racist). Yeah she’s smoking hot.