When my baby, when my baby smiles at me I go to Rio

The pole vault is incredible, isn't it?? Gets me everytime, .. Like "Fk, how do they do that?".. .. .....especially the girls.

Aussie lass tracking nicely in it too thus far.

Kiwi girl is a cracker too, having a real dip.

All done for another 4 years, I’m off to Chemist Warehouse to stock up on some Swisse

Allanah Boyd clears 4.70.

One of 6 remaining, & all the big guns are gone.

In with a good chance.

And the Kiwi gets a PB to hit the lead.

She’s lovin it too …

What does ‘quintessential Aussie girl’ mean?

What does 'quintessential Aussie girl' mean?

One who wins gold.

I think it means they have 5 essential elements that say “Aussie” about them … but I’m not totally sure on that …

One who wins gold.

I thought it meant from anglo/protestant stock. You know, the good kind. Not that other darkie/wog/muso kind.

synonyms: typical, prototypical, stereotypical, archetypal, classic, model, essential, standard, stock, representative, true to type, conventional;

Those pole vaulters…easy on the eye.

Aussie dips out, but the young Kiwi will get a bronze at least.

Good on her, … she’s an Aussie too now right??

All of a sudden a massive fan of kiwi pole vaulting.

How do they determine the winner in the pole volt? Is the tie breaker decided by who has the best a s s cos the greek girl definitely won that.

How do they determine the winner in the pole volt? Is the tie breaker decided by who has the best a s s cos the greek girl definitely won that.

There would be some sort of count back system I would imagine

Yeah, there’s a countback, but not sure how it works. Maybe total number of misses?

Personally I think Ingorence’s suggestion is way better.

All of a sudden a massive fan of kiwi pole vaulting.

Kept me glued to the TV…

That pole vault final was epic pressure.

Meanwhile…you guessed it…Bolt guided Jamaica home in the relay but the surprise maybe was the Japanese beating the Yanks for silver!

14 in a half?! Sheesh.

I was brought to wonder the other day, … is this the result of modern Gen Y style parenting/coaching??

Have this lot been so protected from losing, that they freak at the thought of it when it’s all on the line??

It’s not just Rio, … it’s the cricket team, it’s the rugby team,… it’s the, . Etc Etc.

You have to wonder. We have gone soft under pressure in sport, virtually right across the board over the past decade.

Yeah, nah. When you’re making the assumption that everyone has had the same upbringing you’d be wrong.

And the old “the younger generation are too <insert the adjective of the day” is pretty lazy.

There are surely a whole bunch of reasons but to think is some simplistic “the younger generation can’t hack it” is to ignore the basic reality that the environment around each team and each group of individuals can vary greatly.

(And ignoring the opposition getting the job done because they are actually good - which the Serbian basketball team clearly were - is also a bit unfair v to the opposition. Australia doesn’t have a “right” to success. Everyone around the world is working harder than ever.)

One also needs to consider the prospect that our athletes just aren’t as good as the media (and themselves) pumps them up as being

Fk off, Orstaya iz da best mate AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI. Can’t swallow that the dirty Ruski drug cheats have more golds than us = robbed = the performances of our Olympians have made Essington look good. Kitty is there to try and straighten them out, but she can only do so much.